Senior Project Engineer - GIS/Survey
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by ERSG
- Previous experience with cable installation, interconnector, export or array.
- Strong Survey/GIS background
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Work as a Engineer - Survey in projects covering survey aspects of the project.
- Follow up Scope of work for Geophysical and Geotechnical surveys that need to be performed in the project, technical evaluation of proposals from sub-contractors, technical and operational follow-up of sub-contractors
- Specify survey equipment and personnel required for our own installation vessels based on project requirement and frame agreements with survey-sub-contractor
- Survey input to procedures, plans, analyses, calculations and other documentations in projects
- Participate in developing technical solutions related to survey aspect of marine cable laying and marine subsea protection
- Participate in QA and HSE activities internally in the department and in projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience from offshore or subsea operations related to the following operations; Geophysical Surveys Geotechnical survey or positioning.
- Relevant background could be online surveyor, survey data processing, project surveyor
- Higher technical education from college or university (Bachelor/Master degree) and/or other relevant work experience
- Used to work in project teams but also independently
- Structured and accurate when writing technical documentation/procedures
- Creative and has an analytical and solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Knowledge with ESRI ArcGIS and Eiva Navisuite software.
- Like to seek more knowledge within own principal area and other interface areas
- Fluent English, verbal and written. Preferable also Norwegian.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.