IT Service Desk Team Leader
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Proactive Appointments
IT Service Desk Team Leader
We have one of our biggest clients currently looking to bring in an experienced IT Service Desk Team Leader.
About the Job
Reporting To: Service Desk Manager
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of technicians who provide 1st and 2nd Line support.
The team leader is accountable for ensuring all processes are followed by the team, including:
- Ticket management including SLA
- Asset management including new starter requests, replacement kit, hardware returns and the asset life cycle
- Ensure the IT area is organised and tidy
- Project work delivery
As the most technically experienced member of the team you will lead by example, working on tickets and projects as required following all policy and procedures. You will also be required to mentor and advise the team, providing technical training and guidance to develop their skills.
This is an onsite ONLY role and will require a level of physical ability for occasional manual handling, equipment carrying, working at height and equipment assembly.
The key responsibilities will be providing leadership and 2nd Line level support to the Service Desk Team.
- Leading by example: following all policy and procedures when providing 1st and 2nd line technical support - remotely and in person.
- Ensuring the rota is fully covered at all times by the team, minimizing absence and lateness and ensuring that work is distributed evenly amongst the team
- Managing the performance of the team to ensure that Service Level Agreements are met
- Using data to monitor the performance of the team, specifically dashboards within the ITSM
- Dealing with performance issues swiftly and fairly
- Escalating any issues to the Service Desk Manager
The successful candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team. The Team Leader will have strong leadership skills and be able to anticipate issues before they occur.
The Team Leader will be able to deal with issues and complaints in a robust manner, ensuring that conflict is managed in a positive way.
Strong organisational skills are a must, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously.
You will be self-motivated and have a flexible, positive and logical approach.
You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- Windows 10
- Experience of Microsoft 365
- Good knowledge of Active Directory.
- Good understanding of PC hardware for fault finding.
- General Networking knowledge
- Full UK Drivers license
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent Front End customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root cause and implement controlled changes (RCA - Root cause analysis skills)
- Must be able to communicate clearly at a technical and end user level
- Must project a positive, friendly professional image on the phone and in person
- A demonstrable passion for customer service and personal development
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be flexible in their approach to travel and projects undertaken
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website