Specialist Employment Advisor
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
RESPONSIBLE TO: TEAM LEADER(S)/ OPERATIONS MANAGER
FULL TIME: 37 Hours
SALARY: £24,000 pa
LOCATION: Working across Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Newport, Monmouth, Powys
ELITE Supported Employment Agency is a registered charity that enables people with a disability or disadvantage to obtain and maintain employment through the provision of structured in work training and support.
It's an exciting time for ELITE Supported Employment as we begin a new three-year employment project, which aims to support people with sensory loss (those who are deaf, have hearing loss, blind or have sight loss) into work.
Answering to the Team Leader(s)/Operations Manager, the Specialist Employment Advisor will play a key role in ensuring this European Social Fund project runs smoothly. The role requires someone who is experienced at giving advice, support or mentoring and has previously worked or volunteered with people who are blind or have vision loss.
You will also be passionate about making a difference to the lives of people who have sensory loss.
This scheme has been supported by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Specialist Employment Advisor will be part of a team of specialist employment advisors, responsible to the Team Leader(s)/Operations Manager. The Specialist Employment Advisor will carry a small case load and support project participants as and when needed. To provide bespoke assessment, advice, information to blind and visually impaired people, to support them to find and retain work; assisting them in accessing mainstream training, learning and employment opportunities and linking with a variety of community-based provision. To support employers to follow best practice when recruiting and retaining blind and vision impaired employees.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Reporting directly to Team Leader(s)/ Operations Manager, provide day to day support to specialist employment advisors for people who are blind or have vision impairment.
* Provide a highly professional and accessible service to blind and vision impaired participants of JobSense and their prospective employers, assisting people who are blind and vision impaired to gain, sustain, retain and progress employment. This will include job-finding activity, working with other organisations and referring participants to alternative provision to ensure their needs are fully met.
* To implement and continue the job training programme in the workplace on a one to one basis, and carry out support for as long as necessary, enabling independence and promoting integration with other employees in the workplace.
* To maintain regular contact with the employer to ensure and assist the new worker to meet expectations.
* To review the jobseekers needs upon completion of project activities and where relevant and possible refer on to other agency projects or signpost the individual to other organisations.
* Establish links with training providers to ensure that blind and vision impaired participants of JobSense can access learning, and progress through their courses successfully with the appropriate support to gain recognised qualifications.
* Liaise with blind groups and organisations to raise the profile of JobSense.
* To work with the Volunteer Coordinator to maximise volunteering opportunities for Volunteer Peer Mentors and Volunteer Mentors within JobSense, and to enable the coordination of their training and deployment.
* Ensure risk assessments are carried out, completed and recorded.
* Carry out duties and responsibilities of the post at all times in compliance with all of ELITE Supported Employment policies, especially Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
* Complete any other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
* You may occasionally be required to travel within Wales
* You may occasionally be required to work outside of regular office hours.
* Hours of Work: 37 hours per week.
* Three positions available
* Closing Date: 21st January 2019