Employment Consultant - North Wales
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
RESPONSIBLE TO: Team Leader/ Operations Manager
PART TIME: 37 Hours
SALARY: £25,000 per annum
LOCATION: Working across Flintshire, Wrexham and North Powys.
ELITE Supported Employment Agency is a registered charity that enables people with a disability or disadvantage to obtain and maintain employment through the provision of structured in work training and support.
It's an exciting time for ELITE Supported Employment as we begin a new three-year employment project, which aims to support people with sensory loss (those who are deaf, have hearing loss, blind or have sight loss) into work.
Answering to the Team Leader(s)/Operation Manager, the Employment Consultant will be working with our JobSense project partners (Action on Hearing Loss and the Centre for Sight and Sound) to generate employment opportunities for jobseekers with a sensory loss (blind or vision impaired) from employers, matching client's skills and experience to appropriate vacancies, plus identify new work opportunities for project development and play a key role in ensuring this European Social Fund project runs smoothly.
The role requires someone who is experienced at Employment Consultancy or has previously worked or volunteered with people who are blind or have vision loss. You will also be passionate about making a difference to the lives of people who have sensory loss.
This scheme has been supported by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To Seek out and develop recruitment opportunities, including both paid work and work placement opportunities, carrying out any relevant marketing activities, to promote the service/ project.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Provide a range of recruitment solutions to employers and ensure that they are "account managed" to help maintain long-term relationships and secure repeat business.
2. Matching employers' vacancies to clients' experiences and skills, creating sustainable employment for customers.
3. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employers, clients and partners, understanding and meeting their needs to achieve or exceed contract and company targets in relation to sustained job outcomes.
4. Responsible for negotiating paid employment and compliance with contractual obligations and management of a caseload.
5. Assist with initial and ongoing assessment of clients pre-employment and in work support requirements, in order to formulate appropriate development plans to enable clients to achieve employment.
6. Maintain quality paperwork and client records which ensure that contract compliance is adhered to.
7. Maintain established financial processes and procedures to ensure budgets are adhered to.
8. Maintain and develop our employer database, ensuring that all records are accurate and updated regularly.
9. Maintain accurate performance statistics.
10. Attend regular office meetings to ensure integration within the teams.
11. Attend and participate in events (jobs fayres), employer visits, marketing calls and any training as required.
12. Liaise with external partners, JCP, Employment Agencies, funding contractors, training providers, local government.
* You may occasionally be required to work outside of regular office hours
* Hours of Work: 37 Hours
* Closing Date: 21.01.18