Prison Team Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
To successfully reduce reoffending, contribute to the rehabilitation and reintegration of offenders back into the community. To deliver the "Getting It Right" resettlement programme within the prison setting. To finalise a cohesive resettlement plan 'Basic Custody Screening Tool' (BCST2) generated from the BCST1. To generate a resettlement review plan (BCST 3) 12 weeks prior to release. To Provide pathways, support and appropriate interventions to enable successful resettlement for all prisoners in both a group and on a 1-1 basis. Work with internal and external partners, agencies and commissioners including HM Prison & Probation Service, Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRC's) and the National Probation Service to achieve the desired outcomes and KPI's for the service. The Specialist Resettlement worker purpose is to strengthen the service delivery for offenders who require a deeper level of support and knowledge.
Specialist Resettlement Workers will also liaise with other Offender Resettlement workers and other staff in providing support and advice to offenders and be expected to regularly participate in team meetings and other duties deemed relevant by management.
This service co-ordinates and co-delivers resettlement support for offenders across London prisons. These prisons are HMP's Wandsworth, Belmarsh, Brixton and Pentonville. The Service Users being supported will have a wide range of resettlement needs and will have varying and sometimes complex needs.
Penrose provides resettlement support and outcomes to offenders in custody. The service is designed to deliver interventions including the Getting It Right programme and supporting journals in order to generate a cohesive resettlement plan for offenders post release from custody. The service will cover, release planning, employability, social support, treatment continuity, and housing referrals as a minimum.
You will be responsible for oversight of the targets set by Penrose in partnership with London CRC, and also for supporting the development of strategies and policies. One of the key targets will be
ensuring that your team are delivering positive outcomes to support reduced reoffending rates. The ability to work within a custodial setting and to be able to develop excellent working relationships with other partner agencies is vital to this role. It is essential that you are able to meet prison clearance requirements to undertake this role.
Team Managers will be expected to have the necessary skills to be able to implement and support the delivery of the Getting It Right programme and develop any additional programmes within our remit in a custodial setting, manage a team of Offender Resettlement Workers, Specialist Resettlement workers and Team Supervisors. Be responsible for and oversee case management quality and the provision for offenders on staff caseloads, ensuring that good links are made with the CRCs and other partners, and outcomes for Service Users are achieved.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Adopt BIONIC (Believe It Or Not I Care) ethos in its resettlement prisons.
* Build and create relationships with internal and external agencies to facilitate resettlement planning.
* To follow quality assurance processes that ensure Quality improvement and to enhance resettlement needs of service users.
* Ensure that a BCST 2 resettlement assessment is completed for each offender arriving at the establishment within 5 days of completion of the BCST1 (by Prison staff)
* Manage provision of resettlement advice and signposting to all offenders, ensuring all necessary criteria is met.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with partner agencies.
* Manage a resettlement service that deals with Service Users immediate and ongoing resettlement needs. This service will be coordinated and will focus on immediate and resettlement issues relating to, but not exclusive to accommodation, health, employment, finance and debt.
* Manage the 'Getting it Right' interactive journaling programme while in prison. You shall enable your team to use this as the framework to deliver an intensive, modular resettlement programme.
* Manage attendance rates to the Getting It Right programme and any other programmes developed for delivery to service users.
* Manage delivery of any programme introduced ensuring adequate referrals and completions,
* Work with other agencies and co-commissioned services including but not limited to Substance Misuse Services; health services; the Offender Learning and Skills Service (OLASS); and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Benefits Advisers and Work and Programme Providers within the Resettlement Prison.
* To manage monthly reporting and monitoring of KPI's in a timely professional manner including but not exclusive to MI Data, Good news stories, feedback forms, CPD's, Observations, Supervisions and any other reports as directed by your line manager.
* Manage Mentoring pathway ensuring support for those most vulnerable to relapse, ensuring TTG enhanced support is achieved.
* Ensure that the team achieves the relevant KPI on information sharing with Responsible Officers in the community.
* Enhance and enable teams to deliver individual support and resettlement packages for service users, liaising with the appropriate staff, agencies and care professionals to ensure successful delivery of the plans.
* Undertake Quality Assurance and Audits to ensure there is genuine engagement with the offender using appropriate methodologies and inventions to encourage and support their engagement and progress towards greater independence in the community. Highlighting Good and bad practice. Manage appropriate follow up action.
* Enhance the team's knowledge in providing / arranging advice, information to offenders in relation to but not exclusive to physical health matters, substance misuse welfare benefits, education, employment and training, life skills and any other identified support needs.
* To positively report to the Head of Reducing reoffending on areas of assistance and support within the custodial environment.
* To manage any disputes or emergencies.
* Have up to date relevant specialist knowledge in all pathway strands that can be cascaded to teams, that support the needs of our Service Users.
* Manage teams in updating service user information onto relevant platforms, including, Oasys, C-Nomis and the MI Data Tool.
* Manage teams to ensure that at all times work is conducted within the policy and procedural framework established, ensuring full up to date knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and legislation at all times.
Why work with us?
•Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
•25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
•Pension, Eye-care Vouchers
•Growing and forward-thinking organisation
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer. If you feel that this role is for you, please send your CV along with Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team by the closing date.
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group's policies and procedures.
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you