Post Completions Assistant Conveyancing
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client is looking to recruit a Post Completions Assistant to join their very busy Conveyancing team in Ashford, Kent. The Role is to assist and support fee earners with secretarial and administrative duties. Ideally you will have Legal secretary qualification, or you must have Conveyancing experience.
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Discretional Bonus Scheme, Pension Scheme (salary sacrifice), Life Cover - 3x Salary, Firm Sponsored Professional Training, Reduced Rate Legal Fees, Annual Eye tests, Paid sick leave, Membership to Benenden Healthcare, Client Referral Scheme and Childcare Vouchers and a few others too.
Hours: Full time or minimum of 4 full days per week
All About the Role!
* Handling Land Registry applications for purchase/lender clients
* Managing deeds coming in following completion checking documentation received is correct
* Diarising search expiry dates and ensuring registrations are dealt with within the priority period. Maintaining requisitions and to have the ability to check the completed applications in readiness for scheduling deeds to Lender
* Answer the telephone in a polite and efficient manner
* Undertake administrative duties such as photocopying, and updating client details
* Filing correspondence and ensuring files are kept up to date
* Arranging appointments and dealing with clients
* Access and input data on to the firm's case management system, Proclaim
* Work as part of a team with other secretarial colleagues, assisting with secretarial and telephone cover when required
All About YOU!
* You must have proven experience working as a Legal Secretary or Administrator within a Conveyancing Department?
* Excellent technical skills which include a fast and accurate typing speed (a Legal secretarial qualification is desirable)
* The ability to manage a busy workload with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills and a confident, friendly and outgoing manner both over the phone and in person
* Attention to detail and excellent working knowledge of Word is essential.
* You will need to be dependable and flexible to business needs, as overtime may be required occasionally to include working weekends.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion