Contracts and Procurement Solicitor
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Rate: £24.40 per hour
Type of Contract: Temporary
Duration: Approx 3 months
Location: East Sussex
Social Personnel are looking for a Contracts and Procurement Solicitor to join a Legal team in East Sussex.
* To act upon instructions to carry out the objectives of client departments, utilising the post-holders skills, expertise and knowledge.
* To advise client departments of legal and other consequences of proposed courses of action, so as to enable them to give or modify instructions effectively.
* To notify the Senior Solicitor of any instructions or events that would result in a breach of any legislation, common law, standing order or rule of propriety or would constitute a course of action amounting to maladministration.
* To review the general activities of the Council in the areas of law and practice that may be assigned to the post and to consider and propose alternative or different courses of action to ensure effective implementation of client proposals or achievement of objectives or resolve client problems and/or to ensure best practice within the Legal Services Team, particularly in the light of changes of developments in the law.
* To undertake casework across a range of legal services provided by the Department as required; particular areas of law may be assigned to the post, but it is essential that post holder should be able and willing to carry our a variety of legal work in support of an effective legal services team. The post-holder may be required to give advice to Members/ Committees.
What you need:
* Ability to demonstrate experience of conducting own caseload within defined areas of legal practice.
* Experience of mentoring or guiding legal staff
* Substantial experience of legal work in Contract and Procurement Law
* Experience of effective risk management
* Recent local government experience.
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
* As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, Social Personnel have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
* A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
* Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you - just enjoy your hard earned money each week
* Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
* A market leading £250 referral bonus, for every successful placement we make from someone you refer to us
* Your own highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
* Boat Parties, prize giveaways and much, much more...
If you are interested in this position please call Kirsty at Social Personnel