Sales and Customer Service Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
The Sales & Customer Service Manager role is required to provide day to day management of the Business Development and Sales & Service teams. You will work with the Sales director and BDM team to develop and implement sales initiatives in addition to ensuring that exceptional sales support is provided to our customers. It is essential that this role will provide a link between the sales, purchasing and marketing teams and they will be an influential member of the management team.
· Through effective management of the sales and customer service team ensure that sales and contribution grow in line with budgeted expectations and all other performance targets are met
· Provide strategic input into the business and drive implementation of process improvement projects
· Provide day to day support to distributor partners and build close working relationships with them, with a need to motivate, challenge and handle complex areas of conflict while paying due regard to cultural and commercial considerations
· Assess and interpret relevant performance data from internal and external sources and use to manage performance
· Liaise with Marketing to manage and develop all the business activities and resources involved in promoting both the company and its products and services
· Keep up to date with all aspects of technical and commercial compliance and ensure that these are adhered to.
· Provide training for internal departments as required
· A degree qualification or similar, preferably in a materials discipline
· Ability to team work, drive communication and collaboration, ability to work on own initiative, proactive approach
· Developing influencing, negotiating and relationship building skills both internally and externally
· Creative and results driven
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Knowledge of CRM, Salesforce or similar
· Experience with continual improvement methodology such as Six Sigma/Kaizen
· Experience in change management
· Excellent presentation skills including writing and editing Powerpoint.
· Advanced spreadsheet skills, ability to extract data
· Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
· Willingness to travel and be away from the office on an infrequent basis
If you have the skills and experience listed above please send your CV to