Technical Consultant – TAVI team
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position is a really exciting role where you will be working within one of the most innovative exciting sectors within Medtronic.
Maintain and develop business with all customers by providing excellent clinical/technical support and education.
Through this service you will ensure the team is meeting or exceeding of targets while enhancing Medtronic's reputation in the market
* Plans and prioritises clinical, technical and education programmes with review and input from sales staff across the region and from the Technical Team Manager and Country Manager and other functional groups, i.e. marketing, reimbursement, regulatory, clinical, education etc., consistent with the District Business Plan.
* Provides clinical implant support to the clinical team in theatre/cath lab, including support of pre-op case planning (including sizing support through use of 3Mensio), loading of the valve bioprosthesis, intra-op technical guidance and recommendations in-line with Medtronic best-practices, the post-op review process, etc.
* Provides technical support to the customers across the full UK & Ireland region, both before and after the implant of the device. Provides troubleshooting support to field sales force and customers on request.
* Participates in the development of employee and customer training/education programmes. Prepares study materials, plans, organizes and conducts training to customers (physicians, technicians and nurses) in collaboration with the Sales force/network team.
* Supports Sales force during presentations to customers upon request.
* Builds strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers and those influential in the purchasing process.
* Supports marketing and sales in the introduction and market release of new products and therapies through clinical review and input to sales and marketing brochures.
* Coordinates and liaises with the Technical Team Manager, Country Manager and Sales force before delivering services across the region.
* Reports all account, market and competitive information and trends and metrics in a comprehensive, complete and timely fashion through Salesforce platform
* Reports immediately and accurately all negative customer or product related events (e.g., customer feedback, product and legal issues and risks etc).
* Carries out all administrative duties and all necessary reports in a timely and diligent manner, (i.e. boot stock reports, stock movement forms etc.). Provides minimum, but regular activity report to Technical Team Manager.
* Attends all required regional and national meetings
MUST HAVES: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Experience working in a Catheter lab
* Experience in dealing with hospitals management, nursing & clinical staff
* Fluency in English, reading & writing
* Full UK driving license.
NICE TO HAVE
* Degree educated (preferably in healthcare or sciences)
* TAVI experience
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
* Strong customer focus.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to develop and foster business relationships with continuously changing stakeholders.
* Knowledge about local / regional healthcare systems