Technical Consultant - Spine
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Primary responsibilities include: Providing technical support in theatre to the Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeons/ Neurosurgeons and their Nursing staff located in the stated geography.
The successful candidate will be offering advice on product usage and specifications while also identifying opportunities for the promotion of other Medtronic spinal and wider surgical therapies.
* Provide technical support for RTG products and therapies to hospital staff (NHS & private), particularly those related to the navigated aspect of spinal surgery.
* Identify areas of business growth by developing an understanding of customer needs.
* Educate and train hospital staff on procedures and equipment to promote independent usage (in-hospital, field and training courses using existing materials and media).
* Support account managers in key accounts to enable them to pursue other business opportunities.
* Support sales force in dealing with Vigilance issues in accordance with the Law and in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs Europe (RAE) and Dealing with Field Corrective Actions in conjunction with RAE
* Adhere to the current Business Conduct Operating Procedures and behave within the philosophy of the Medtronic Mission Statement.
* Offer support as needed at conferences and congresses.
* Provide reports of activities and issues as required by management
* Appropriate tertiary qualifications: Medical, Engineering or Business
* Good presentation skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong technical ability
* Clinical experience desirable
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Summit Personnel Ltd
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Merkle UK Two Limited