Senior Planner (Policy)
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Purpose of the role - To assist the strategic planning and regeneration process by: assisting with the formulation, monitoring and review of the Client planning policies, associated research and carrying out any necessary consultation work; providing advice and support on development control and regeneration matters; inputting into development projects; and the preparation of development briefs.
Duties/Responsibilities- To support the provision of a high quality, customer-focused planning service by providing specialist advice to Development Management in consideration of planning applications, and pre-application advice to potential developers.
To contribute to all policy review work, including the development, monitoring and review of statutory planning policy, neighbourhood plans, planning policy guidance and other planning policy initiatives.
To conduct all types of planning policy work including: formulation of the development plan; preparation of site policies and planning briefs; Article 4 directions, development of planning guidance and Supplementary Planning Documents; provision of advice to Development Management and attending public meetings.
To ensure appropriate public participation in the development and review of the Clients planning policies, and to analyse the results thereof.
To assist in the formulation and development of systems to monitor and review the effectiveness of the Clients planning policies.
To assist in the promotion of the Clients planning policy objectives on London wide planning matters through liaison with the GLA and Mayor, other boroughs and external bodies and agencies.
To assist with the establishment, and development of the policies required to negotiate and implement effective S106 agreements / planning obligations and infrastructure levy/contributions
To prepare and present quality professional advice, briefing information and reports, to appropriate individuals and bodies at all levels of the clients governance arrangements and to external organisations, public meetings and site visits as required.
* Eligible for Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
* Thorough knowledge of all relevant planning legislation, policies and procedures.
* Significant post qualification experience of relevant development control work, preferably including planning policy experience.
* Experience of providing planning advice to members, senior officers, developers and the public.
* Experience of processing, or providing observations on, the full range of minor and other plus smaller major applications.
* Experience of dealing with S106 including financial contributions.
* Experience of dealing with public inquiries and informal hearings.
* Experience of providing policy observations on the full range of minor and major applications.
* Experience of dealing with examination hearings for development plans
* Experience of supervision / mentoring.
* Experience of project management
* Experience of leading on all aspects of a policy topic or theme
* Experience of providing advice to members, senior officers, developers and the public on complex planning issues / policy.
* An RTPI-recognised degree level qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
Veritas Education Recruitment