Subject Access Requests Officer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
The SARs Officer will provide individuals with access to their personal data, held by the council and its service providers, in line with GDPR and Data Protection legislation. The SARs Officer will also provide advice and guidance on access rights, dealing with issues whilst complying with securely disclosing their personal information.
* Responding to all SARs and third party disclosures within the corporate target of 90% responses within statutory timeframes. SARs are processed centrally across the council and the post holder is to write all responses including the data on behalf of the council, except for open social care or legal cases/records. Failure to do so could lead to penalties for the council, the chief executive committing to a statement of undertaking, monitoring by the ICO or being subject to a consensual external audit
* Carrying out a full review of the information to be disclosed under a SAR or a third party disclosure and carrying out the necessary amendments (redaction).
* Degree qualified
* Significant experience in a previous role dealing with Data Subject Access Requests or similar
* Redaction and proofreading
* Adobe Pro
* Knowledge of Data Protection legislation.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00-16:25 at a rate of £17.39 per hour PAYE.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases