Planning Enforcement Consultant - Oxfordshire
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
Your main duties will include:
* Dealing with a mix of complex and straight forward Enforcement cases, and monitoring the progress of these cases, following the issue of formal notices or action.
* Carrying out site visits and surveying site developments and investigating cases of alleged unauthorised development reported to the Council.
* Liaising with members of the public, owners and occupiers of the land and applying your own investigative skills.
* Drafting Enforcement and all other Planning Enforcement related Notices.
* Preparing written evidence in connection with Planning Enforcement appeals and related matters and presenting evidence at written representation appeals, informal hearings, public enquiries and court hearings.
* Monitoring the progress on the implementation of Section 106 Agreements and undertakings.
Previous experience within Enforcement in a rural area would be highly beneficial, equally experience within Development Management within a rural area and an interest in Enforcement would be considered. You will need to be a confident communicator, who can work with a broad range of customers and Planning professionals to interpret legislation, and resolve disputes and complaints in a timely manner. You will be working collaboratively and proactively as part of the Planning team so it would be extremely beneficial if you were a qualified Planner.
The rate for this position is negotiable and dependent upon past experience in Planning and Enforcement. The contract is for an initial 3 months with the potential to extend and the Council can offer flexible working arrangements.
If you are interested in this role, please call (phone number removed) and ask for Katie or apply below