Elevator Operator I
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Bunge
Assists in the operations and housekeeping of the grain facility. Also assists in all other aspects of grain shipping, receiving, handling and storage.
* Work under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment.
* Perform basic housekeeping and cleaning duties.
* Assists in basic maintenance activities.
* Know and understand all facets of Bunge's safety programs and culture.
* This position is expected to assist all areas of the unloading, loading and transferring of grain and grain products which may include but not be limited to barge, truck and rail operations
* Must develop a knowledge of the product you are dealing with and its hazardous properties
* Must be aware of and follow all applicable safety and environmental regulations with respect to the product you are handling
* Proper operation of the hydraulic truck dumpers if applicable
* Understand the proper operation of conveyance equipment that is utilized in the shipping, receiving and transferring of grain and grain products and the associated safety systems of that equipment
* Immediately notifies supervisor of any irregularities.
* Assist in performing maintenance work as required.
* Visually monitors grain and grain products for irregularities and takes proper action when discovered
* Removes choke-ups, cleans spills and follows proper safety policies while doing such
* Responsible for properly and accurately recording all applicable documentation for this role
* Cleans and prepares storage facilities including but not limited to grain bins, flat storage and ground pods
* Follow established policies and procedures, along with proper communication, when operating grain handling equipment
* Become knowledgeable of grain storage locations and the capacity of each.
* Learn the gauging and reporting of product levels in grain storage, barge, trucks and railcars if applicable
* Perform all duties in a safe and environmentally compliant manner
* Monitors grain handling equipment conditions on a routine frequency (daily equipment checks)
* Collect proper grain and grain product samples for testing when needed.
* Housekeeping as related, but not limited to, the cleanliness and orderliness of the grain handling area (tunnels, head house, concrete grounds, grass areas, etc), as well as any areas within the plant as delegated by position supervisor
* Understand how to safely shutdown and isolate equipment for maintenance using Lock Out Tag Out procedures
* Keep current and maintain all training requirements for the position
* Immediately reporting of any accidents and/or injuries
* Assist in all other grain handling functions including but not limited to grain receiving and shipping via truck, barge and rail if applicable
* Operation of the shuttle wagon, skid loader, front end loader, yard tractor, lawnmower, and other location specific equipment etc
* Understand and learn all aspects of grain and grain products shipping and receiving
* Perform other duties as assigned
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Sterling
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Housekeeping, Agricultural, Engineer, Shipping and Receiving, Engineering, Healthcare, Agriculture, Operations