Account Manager, Switzerland
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by S&P Global
Grade: 8A (For internal purposes only)
The Role: The Account Manager is responsible to drive net sales and growth, supporting the Switzerland territory. In this role the Account Manager will be selling analytical products, perform account management to existing clients and delivering superior customer value to them .
The Team / The Business: You will be part of the Business Development team of Platts. Your Skills: You must have consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, high integrity hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation, contracting to deal closure. You also need to have excellent organization and communication skills both written and verbal. And must utilize strong phone/interpersonal skills, and got the ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with clients and other functions.
Our Hiring Manager says: "We are looking for someone who has proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations. Must be able to work independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset."
- Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing business
- Develop a country business plan together with BDM to grow existing clients, upsell and cross-sell, explore whitespace, hunt new sectors/market and develop new benchmarks.
- Support BDM to generate proposal, do various types of analysis for largest clients and respond to client inquiries while BDMs are travelling or out of the office.
- Follow up on campaign, conference attendee lists, and business analyst new logo leads
- Collaborate internally with customer support, marketing, channel sales; leverage other business units S&P and externally with vendors and partners.
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting
- Provides accurate forecasting
- Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers' explicit needs, advances and buying cycle status are captured in a timely manner.
- Degree and/ or other business discipline/ training
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong ability to execute against a well thought out and transparent plan
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- With strong time management skills and results oriented
- Highly proficient in systems (Oracle, Siebel CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Has broad based knowledge of the energy and commodity industry