Data Ethics Specialist Europe
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Michael Page
A global technology business focused on ad tech, this London based Data Protection Specialist role will sit alongside the legal team, focusing on privacy and reporting to the European General Counsel.
This Data Protection Specialist role is based in London and involves:
The Data Ethics Specialist Europe position on the Global Data Ethics Team. This role is focused on performing operational and functional support of the Data Protection for products, solutions, services and systems architecture to meet data governance requirements and minimise data protection, privacy and security risks.
This role is responsible for:
- Focusing on UK, and also supporting the pan-European Data Ethics and Data Governance function
- Conducting and creating record of Data Protection Impact Assessment and due diligence for personal data sourcing related discovery, preparation, documentation, record keeping, internal communication and other processes as required.
- Project management of data governance related projects to help ensure that business stakeholders apply requirements for compliance with GDPR, ePrivacy Regulation, cross-border considerations and other data-protection related compliance. Advocating for and managing privacy-related projects across teams to enable long-term strategic compliance efforts on the company's roadmap
- Provide consistent and effective support of Data Ethics Program for the enterprise.
- Assist with compliance issue vetting and resolution.
- Support in-take for requests, complaints and comments from the business and as needed for data subjects regarding enterprise products and solutions.
- Spotting data ethics-related challenges arising from inconsistencies in system design and complex internal and external data policies affecting product functionality and usability.
- Work closely with Data Ethics leadership to understand and help apply to operations new regulatory guidance in the context of the Company's and the industry's capabilities
- Provide support for contract management, processing and review
This Data Protection Specialist role is based in London and requires:
- The suitable candidate may be a qualified lawyer or a compliance professional specialising on data protection/ privacy
- This person must be able to work in a team as well as independently, as the situation requires. This person should be able learn quickly to adapt skills and knowledge to the rapidly changing data governance and data protection requirements, product, solution and service changes and digital technology change.
- Technical understanding and some expertise in systems design, software development, engineering environments. Able to develop expert knowledge of ID types and connectivity and audience distribution engineering systems functionality
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex material in a compelling and easy to understand manner to internal and external stakeholders. Ability to differentiate message for each audience type.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to concisely capture policy, rules, and requirements for Product and Engineering stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ability to collaborate and develop consensus internally and externally to achieve agreement and action around better "data protection/privacy designed" products and more effectively implemented environment and engineering treatments
- Ability to develop data expertise and understanding of data types, sourcing methods, restricted class data, restricted use data and use cases, identity resolution functionality, cross-device functionality and identity key translation, applicable privacy policies, contract language, client and partner expertise around use and activation of data types
- Ability to develop Data Protection expertise in market and understanding of international markets including, but not limited to, US, Asia, Latin America, and South America
- Education preferably in one of these fields: legal, data protection, data technology. Experience working in the field of privacy.
- Fluency in English, and possibly German, French. Other European languages will be helpful.
- Able to perform high complexity assignments
- Ability to evaluate nature of inquiries and respond appropriately or escalate as needed
Competitive package, please enquire