Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Our client requires someone with either a History or Law Degree and 2 years work experience together with knowledge of either the funeral business, genealogy, probate research or tracing family trees.
The purpose of this role is to offer support to managers and internal staff as directed by line managers and directors, in a timely and professional manner. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person with a high level of drive and enthusiasm, with a focus on research and genealogy case work and is willing to learn.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
* To ensure an effective and efficient service is provided to the case managers and the rest of the team.
* To research records externally as referred to you by the Case Manager or a Director.
* Provide general administrative service, which includes scanning, photocopying and filing.
* To assist and support the Case Manager with letter writing.
* To undertake training and development as specified by the Case Manager.
* Make and serve refreshments such as tea and coffee for staff and guests.
* Ensure that your workstation is kept clean and tidy.
* To pick up and take posts, when required.
* To ensure that the preparation for the marketing packs are on-going.
* Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Case Managers or Directors.
A successful candidate:
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent
* Research Skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Methodical approach
* Problem solving skills and the ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
* Good administration skills
* Ability to cope under pressure
* Attention to detail
* Reliable, Flexible and adaptable
* Ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload
* Contribute to the effectiveness of the team
* Ability to deal with members of the public in a courteous manner
* Has the ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload