Manager Controls Assurance South East
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
The South East Risk Assurance practice is home to specialists in all aspects of management and control from Corporate Governance and the assessment of entity level risk to the design of business processes, IT systems, supporting IT infrastructure and the governance of projects. Our people specializing in Controls Assurance are charged with integrating these skills into our largest financial audits and consulting projects in addition to creating solutions directly for our clients. Our client environments are constantly changing as emerging technologies are introduced, adding new dimensions to our work.
The South East Controls Assurance team work across the PwC Global Network of firms, giving our people exposure to teams around the world. Team members are able to share knowledge and develop themselves in a very challenging and exciting environment.
In this role you'll be
- Assisting with the direction of scoping, planning and delivery of engagements; and discussing findings and assisting with reporting to our clients.
- Working with a range of clients managing and delivering Controls Assurance engagements (Controls Assurance as part of External Audit) including assessment or design of IT General controls across the four domains access to programs and data, computer operations, program development and program changes.
- IT risk assessment and IT general planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Planning and sequencing the Assurance activities with our clients to align with the overall External Audit program of work
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of the control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Leading and developing your teams through engagements with our clients, building the broader skills of the team through effective coaching.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with senior client management teams on ongoing engagements
- Taking a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- Experience in IT Risk assessment and Audit or Advisory, and an understanding of current technology trends.
- Experience in assessing IT General Controls across multiple ERP/Non-ERP applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Experience in assessing and/or designing risk and control matrix for client as part IT internal audit activities.
- Understanding of key business processes, and the associated risks and controls
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CISA qualification will be highly regarded as will experience in a professional services environment.
- Sound client service skills - ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) framework and compliance.
- Process and controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of engagements and reviews
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level
- Understanding of accounting and ability to integrate effectively systems and controls findings to the audit approach
- Strong team working skills and experienced in developing junior staff
- Awareness of common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Awareness of current/emerging market trends and issues
- Following formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.