Operations Consulting Manager/Senior Manager (Govt & Defence)
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
About the team
The Operations Consulting team at PwC advises leading organisations in the Government and Healthcare Industries sector. Our ambition is to be the pre-eminent strategy-led digitally-enabled transformation advisor to the industry, recognised for delivering sustainable value to our clients and great opportunities for personal growth and career progression to our people.
We work with clients throughout the change lifecycle, from strategy to execution and are seeking high calibre individuals at the Manager/Senior Manager grade to help drive our rapidly growing practice. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate relevant, practical and successful sector experience, be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams and have an international mind-set.
About the role
As a Manager / Senior Manager within Consulting at PwC, you will build on the success of the Government and Healthcare Industries sector practice
Essential skills and experience
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Awareness and understanding of market trends, major industry issues and an appreciation of how professional service companies can support clients in the government and/or defence sector
- Track record of programme delivery and leading process improvement or operating model change in in the government and/or defence sector
- Track record of delivering transformation with sustainable benefit delivery
- Experience of interpreting clients' strategic, operational and external drivers for change, gaining respect, building trust and inspiring stakeholders
- Ability to forecast costs and manage to programme timelines and budget
- Experience of generating a vision, establishing direction and motivating people
- Understanding of what constitutes an Operating Model for the Government and Healthcare Industries sector and what are the general factors to be considered while designing and implementing an Operating Model
- Awareness of end to end business processes and ideally, an appreciation of underlying technology platforms, including cloud based services
- Practical and output focussed approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of new process-focused technologies such as Robotics and AI
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Datasource Computer Employment Limited
Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited