Customer Transformation Manager /Senior Manager (Financial Services)
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
About the team
The Financial Services sector within Consulting at PwC, advises leading financial services organisations. Our ambition is to be the preeminent advisors to the Financial Services industry recognised for delivering sustainable value to our clients. Our engagements incorporate strategy definition, customer transformation, market assessment, operating model design, process re-engineering, through to complex change programmes and implementation. These engagements span front office, middle office and operations within retail, commercial and wholesale banking; insurance; and investment management. We are able to deploy multi-disciplinary teams that use PwC's proven methodologies and tools and apply these with deep industry expertise.
We have a rapidly growing practice and are seeking individuals at Manager & Senior Manager grade, based in London.
About the role
Financial services organisations are looking for ways to grow and create competitive advantage. Our customer transformation team helps our clients differentiate their offering by understanding better who their customers are and how to address their needs. Using digital and emerging technologies, we focus on front office transformation across marketing, sales and service, delivering exceptional customer experiences to help achieve strong commercial and business outcomes.
We are looking for individuals with a demonstrably strong track record in this area. You will have worked on projects in areas such as customer strategy, product design and end-to-end digital transformation. You will have a deep understanding of digital trends, customer experience and operational improvement - ideally with exposure across different sectors. Strong consulting skills and industry knowledge are both a must. We want people that can play a leading role in developing our business in this key area of customer transformation.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience of developing and delivering digitally-enabled Customer transformation with strong focus on customer experience (e.g. customer journey mapping, customer segmentation, product design and agile delivery)
- Experience in user experience design is highly desirable (e.g. front-end prototyping/mockup design).
- Significant experience working within and (dependant on grade) managing large, complex projects and teams
- Experience of building sustainable client relationships within Financial Services organisations and to be recognised and respected by clients and colleagues as a knowledgeable, valued and trusted professional
- Experience of interpreting clients strategic, operational and external drivers for change, gaining respect, building trust and inspiring clients by anticipating their needs and exceeding expectations within the financial services industry
- Experience of generating a vision and leading teams, establishing direction and motivating people to focus efforts and build commitment towards achieving business goals
- Experience of being a highly effective developer of people by making time to coach, mentor and develop others
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Yes - depends on role
- Opportunity for working from home? No, except on occasion
- Amount of time client based - approximately 80%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes, within reason
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.