Senior Manager Tax Indirect Reading
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
About the team
PwC are the market leaders in VAT advisory services, providing services to many of the firm's largest and most important clients. Our business in the South East has doubled in size over the last 3 years and we are looking to continue that strong growth with talented and driven indirect tax professionals.
You will have a great opportunity to build your career as an indirect tax specialist in a fast growing business and in a region that is a national growth priority for PwC. You will work with a wide range of clients across all business sectors and have responsibility to lead relationships with those clients. You will be given immediate responsibility for a client portfolio and have the opportunity to play a key part in the leadership of the business.
About the role
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to develop their career, to build global VAT technical skills and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments.
On a day to day basis responsibilities will include
- Building relationships with our clients;
- Delivery of the highest quality advice to clients;
- Managing a team and helping develop others in the team;
- Liaising with the global PwC network;
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT;
Essential skills and experience
Successful candidate will need to possess and demonstrate a broader range of capabilities and skills, including
- Strong VAT technical skills;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good self-organisational skills
- Energy and enthusiasm;
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed;
- A commitment to team working;
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.