Indirect Tax Reporting & Strategy SAP Specialist
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Tax Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to work directly with senior Information Technology professionals within PwC, as well as with our clients, in order to provide specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding the technical application aspects of our tax technology solutions.
Our team is responsible for acting as the direct liaison with information technology professionals at PwC and our clients by providing specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues with our tax technology solutions. You'll focus on utilising proprietary web applications and managing technology support.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Due to unprecedented growth PwC is looking for a senior manager to help with the drive in its Technology business supporting the Indirect Tax Reporting & Strategy group across its consulting space.
With an unparalleled client base held by the team this opportunity represents a real tangible chance to work within a specialist team and help shape and build the business and team within our Indirect Tax Technology practice. You will be fully supported by the Tax Technology, Indirect Tax and the Tax Reporting & Strategy leadership teams in helping you achieve all your goals.
The candidates will ideally be based in Manchester or London but will be considered in any of our offices as you'll be working within our centre of excellence team that supports clients nationally and internationally.
About the role
Overall, we provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large plcs to small local businesses. The team is committed to providing pro-active tax, technology and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors.
We are essentially a consulting business and little of our work is routine. Projects range from one-off initiatives providing bespoke solutions to specific problems, through to implementing global systems and advising countries that are introducing VAT systems for the first time. One thing is guaranteed the indirect tax and tax reporting and strategy practices offer a wide variety of opportunities.
One of the core areas the team works in is ERP, other accounting information systems and tax engine reviews, implementations and the integration of indirect tax related software solutions and middleware into these.
We are looking for a candidate to enhance our team in this key area and the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate credible experience and skills in the systems space.
- Experience in the implementation and technical review of key financial and logistics modules and of methods of data extraction from SAP. This will include SD, MM & FI as core (including at the procedure, condition and sequence levels), GTS, Hana, Taxmarc and tax related S/4 areas will be a benefit
- A rounded or ideally technical appreciation of other ERP and accounting information systems will also be an advantage (for example, Oracle - EBT, wider EBS and Inventory modules amongst others, Workday and MSDX)
Aside from these key areas any the following are not essential but will also be an advantage
- Experience with indirect tax determination engines (Onesource, Vertex, Avalara and Sovos)
- Experience of working in indirect tax (VAT and Duty and/or supply chain) accounting
- Experience of working from raw accounting data
- Advocates use of technology (over and above excel) and good capability at using MS Excel and exposure to VBA
- Strong data analytics skills
- Able to read, understand and critique SQL queries
- Data manipulation (using various ETL tools and techniques)
- Familiarity with building and using visualisation software, commonly in QlikView/Tableau
- Able to communicate tax, data and technology concepts to non-specialists
- Experience of multi-territory indirect tax compliance
- Experience of
- Producing requirements documentation
- Undertaking impact analysis and detailed design sessions with both developers and business teams
- Creating, reviewing and completing test cases
- Project management support
The candidate will be a self-starter, have a passion and drive to take this forward and be able to provide a technical centre of excellence and ability to train up junior staff, as part of our team.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.