Finance Manager IFS
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by PWC-1
About the team
At PwC, our Finance Business teams are an integral part of the internal Finance function. Finance Business teams are aligned to business units and work closely with the business unit's leadership team to help drive business performance. They provide a platform to support well-informed and high quality financial decision making. Business units will naturally vary in size, but can be as large as 1,000 professional staff who provide services within particular markets, industries, geographies or products.
The Finance Business team provide objective financial advice and opinions that positively impact the future choices of the business unit. They identify and drive financial improvements whether through pricing, efficiency, resource allocation or cost management. They prepare financial plans, targets, budgets and forecasts for the business unit and report on financial and non-financial performance against these.
About the role
As a Finance Manager you should have strong business, technical, analytical and commercial skills and be able to apply your knowledge to provide advice to client facing professionals in line with PwC policies and accounting standards. You should be forward thinking and be able to develop innovative solutions to support the business growth and profitability targets.
You will report to the Finance Business Senior Manager and work in a small team of finance professionals. Liaising with and working alongside other finance functions, you will develop a network of key finance contacts and build strong relationships, developing new skills.
As Finance Manager, you will play a key role in the following areas
- Business strategy and planning
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Interpretation and reporting of the monthly financial results; recommending actions
- Performance management and improvement
- Financial control and compliance
- People management and development of others
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Commercially minded with a deep business understanding
- Action orientated and a self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- A strong relationship builder who builds trust in key stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes responsibility for own personal development
- Intermediate to advanced excel
- This is an office based role with the opportunity of flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home occasionally.
- You'll be required to travel/ stay overnight away from home occasionally
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.