External Audit Senior Associates- Aberdeen- Oil&Gas
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
You'll have the opportunity to work across our large and exciting client base, which includes large multinational listed and internationally-headquartered businesses; entrepreneurial and family-owned firms; early-stage and fast-growth entities; companies operating in life sciences and cleantech and world-leading public, educational and not for profit organisations.
As a Senior Associate in our assurance practice you'll play a pivotal role in the delivery of high-quality audits to our clients. Your role will include:
• Working on a portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for contributing to day-to-day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
• Reporting to the Assurance Manager/SM and having a number of direct team members report to you.
• Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members.
• Contributing to business development activities, such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
• Being a key contact throughout the year for our clients, who range from FTSE-listed businesses through to owner-managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
• Build strong relationships with other specialist teams within PwC to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients.
As a Senior Associate within the firm you'll be required to demonstrate:
• Suitable qualifications (e.g. ACA or similar).
• Experience of delivery of audit work from planning to supervision and review of the process.
• Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team.
• The ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
• A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
• A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
• Experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing.
A desire for continuous improvement.
• Highly developed listening and questioning techniques.
• The ability to coach and supervise less experienced team members.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here