Senior Risk Consultant - Asset & Wealth Management
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by PWC-1
This role will be primarily client-based, developing teams and leading/ supporting transformational work and change engagements as well as supporting business development responsibilities. The role will require you to have experience in asset management or asset servicing in either a front or middle office regulatory change function. You will have familiarity with regulatory requirements particularly MIFID II as well as understanding the upcoming regulations impacting this sector.
- Delivering Risk and Regulation projects, taking leadership roles in mixed PwC/ client teams
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for our AWM clients
- It is likely that your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other competencies and skills is important (Technology, Operations etc…) is desirable
- Building relationships with our key AWM clients
- Identifying client needs and proposing solutions to them;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Being part of the leadership team in the R&R practice; and
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile.
- Demonstrating deep understanding in your specialist field of the issues facing our clients and the successful solutions they might deploy in the area of regulatory reform
- The ability to stay abreast of regulatory developments driving the industry and key issues affecting regulated firms so as to anticipate and understand the impact of such developments on clients;
- The ability to bring knowledge and experience of business processes and regulatory expectations to our clients in a way that delivers value to them
As a Senior Consultant (senior management grade), your direct reporting line will be to a Director or Partner. You will work as a senior member of our team and be expected to lead engagements or large programme work-streams (team sizes will vary depending on client/ project).
Joining our team as a Senior Consultant, we would expect you to have considerable experience of leading large change projects and performance management programmes, preferably within a consulting environment or leading AWM focused businesses or functions.
You will have been supporting decision making at a senior level and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges.
In addition, we require all candidates to have:
- Significant understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting our FS clients
- In depth knowledge of the key trends and regulatory changes shaping the asset servicing and asset management industry
- Ability to be agile and work on a range of engagements within Financial Services, excellent consulting skills are critical
- Significant relevant change leadership experience with one or more of the following types of organisation: Traditional or Alternative Fund Manager, Fund Services Provider, Prime Broker or Custodian;
- Strong understanding of the role of all of the key players in the AWM value chain and across the lifecycle of a trade
- A good understanding of fund types (OEIC, UCITS, AIFs, private equity and hedge fund types), typical associated trading strategies and key differences;
- Knowledge of the asset classes and products that funds typically invest in (Equities, FI, Derivatives Real Estate, etc)
- Familiarity with key systems and infrastructure used by AWM businesses
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level; and
- Demonstrated experience of managing a large team.
The nice to have:
- Education to degree level
- Additional qualifications such as ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ MBA are highly valued but not essential
- Confident approach, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience
- Demonstrable end to end project management lifecycle experience (design, build, implementation)
- Experience of working in an international environment is highly desirable but not essential
- First class delivery skills of large, complex projects.
To do the job well, you should be/have:
- Business Skills - Understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in seeking out growth opportunities and winning work.
- Delivery Skills - The ability to use our industry and technical skills to better deliver practical solutions that are valued by our clients.
- Analytical Skills - Identifying and diagnosing client issues through rigorous analysis, rather than selling PwC solutions.
- Individual, Social and Business Interaction - Flexible in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the Firm's values.
- Personal and Professional Development - Committed to seeking and acting on feedback and learning opportunities.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.