Senior Manager Tax M&A London
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
We are currently looking for Senior Managers to join the London Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) tax team, based in More London. You will be called upon to play a key role in delivering quality tax advice on M&A transactions.
The M&A Tax team in London is the largest specialist team in the PwC worldwide M&A network with over 130 partners and staff. Ranging from Private Equity Houses to Public Sector clients, the team has a truly global reach facilitating global transactions across different territories.
Working with the extensive M&A network and wider Tax and Deals businesses as well as leading Investment banks and Law firms the team delivers commercial and solutions and tax advice on complex and often high-profile deals.
Within the team there are sub-teams with specialisms in Funds, Management, Stamp Taxes Sale and Purchase Agreements, Transfer Pricing and Global Operating Model Advisory and VAT.
We also work closely with the Deals and Transaction Services (TS) Teams, Capital Markets and Consulting teams at PwC.
Some of the services and products provided by the M&A Tax team include
- Performing Tax Due Diligence reviews which involve looking at existing and potential tax issues, tax compliance and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
- Provide Tax Structuring advice to help clients operate their business in the most tax efficient manner e.g. devising tax efficient acquisition and disposal steps for clients buying/selling businesses and implications of withholding tax, corporation tax and payroll taxes.
- Tax Modelling, to simulate models of future tax liabilities of companies to help our clients make informed economic decisions and shape their business strategy.
- Pre and post deal services, including assisting clients with pre-acquisition re-structuring and implementing new tax planning ideas.
There is a lot of opportunity within the team to get involved in different individual areas of specialism, meanwhile keeping focus on the 'bigger picture' of any deal or transaction.
- Tax Due Diligence Reviews
- Vendor AssistanceTax Structuring Advice
- Tax modelling
- Funds flow
- Management tax planning
- Sale & Purchase review service
- Post deal implementation services
- PFI deal structuring and modelling advice
- Transaction tax and VAT advice on deals
- Stamp Duty
You will be expected to work under your own initiative to draw on your own and other PwC expertise to deliver the tax aspects of Deals and help solve problems. A key aspect is liaising effectively with other advisers and playing a key role in managing and developing relationships clients and junior members of the team.
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging assignments and participation in a successful team as well as opportunities to develop new offerings and ways of delivering M&A tax for our clients.
About the role
Your day to day duties will include
- Managing tax advice and implications on an ever changing deal portfolio.
- Delivering bespoke tax advice, working closely with other M&A specialists as well as other parts of PwC in order to best service your client's needs.
- Working closely with other members of the team on a wide variety of deals.
The M&A team works on a wide range of private equity and other transactions advising both buyers and on the tax implications of the transactions they undertake. Many of the transactions are large-scale involving both listed and private-equity clients, often involving advice on cross-border structuring.
The M&A tax team is currently 130 people strong and a good team spirit is the cornerstone of our success.
- Evidence of leading complex M&A projects for key clients
- Experience of leading and coaching others
- A track record of successfully generating business through converting leads and developing new business ideas
- Experience in building and leveraging internal and external relationships and networks
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Working knowledge of TAX M&A processes
- Ability to work well in a team
- Experience of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.