Deals - Digital and Forensic Investigations Senior Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
About the team
PwC's Forensic Services team comprises around 670 people in the UK, based in London, Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester and, most recently, the South East region. The group's services are wide ranging and include dispute resolution, fraud and other financial investigations, non-financial investigations, construction claims, contract reviews and licensing management. Our group includes accountants, former regulators, civil engineers and IT specialists and we are part of a global network of over 1700 Forensic Services professionals within the global PwC network.
About the role
In an increasingly digitised world, instances of fraud and electronic crime are becoming more and more common. Investigative Analytics involves the analysis of data to support forensic investigations. As a Senior Manager in our team, you will work on multiple concurrent projects for global priority clients. Much of our work requires us to analyse vast quantities of data, using cutting edge technology and advanced statistical techniques to extract meaningful insights for our worldwide clients. Because we operate in an environment where speed of response is often critical to our clients, we are constantly innovating and drawing on the very latest technologies.
Join us and you could be looking for hidden patterns within banks trading systems, looking for potential evidence of market abuse or incidents of rogue trading. In addition, you could be searching for evidence of fraud and abuse within a company's finance system or helping to identify illegal activity within millions of regular transactions. You may also be researching new tools and technologies and developing new propositions to take to our clients.
The very nature of what we do means that many of our clients have an international reach, and no two jobs, or indeed days, are the same. So, if you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and methodological manner, we'd be interested in talking to you.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to
- Discussing project requirements and work with stakeholders to formulate business questions and/or define the issues to be resolved using data analytics.
- Architecting innovative solutions to achieve project objectives, setting detailed approach/direction, delivery milestones and managing priorities.
- Responsibility for all aspects of engagements such as scoping, costs, risk management, project management and client relationships.
- Defining budgets for complex engagements involving multiple work streams, international teams and disparate systems.
- Providing oversight, guidance and direction to the team on multiple concurrent and complex data analytics projects.
- Communicating findings to senior stakeholders incorporating the appropriate level of detail and utilising data visualisation techniques to make complex analysis easy to understand.
- Writing formal reports and presentations to explain our findings.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior client and internal stakeholders.
- Developing and marketing aspects of the business such as preparing and attending client proposals as well as presenting to large audiences.
- Leading the research and development of new propositions, products and techniques to address current client and market needs.
Essential skills and experience
To be considered you must have extensive experience working in a data analytics role covering one or more of the following disciplines
- Experience in leading and managing large client engagements;
- Experience in balancing multiple client priorities and engagements whilst overseeing and coaching other people;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Experience of working in a client facing or advisory role;
- Analysis of financial / general ledger data to support forensic accounting investigations.
- Data querying and manipulation programming (e.g. SQL, SAS);
- Scripting or programming skills (e.g. R, Python);
- Understanding of common data quality problem
- ETL (extract, transform and load processes and tools e.g. Alteryx);
- Data cleansing and manipulation;
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Power BI);
- Statistical and text mining concepts and techniques (e.g. Clustering)
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following
- The ability to formulate business questions and come up with creative solutions to complex problems;
- High level of enthusiasm, energy and personal integrity;
- The ability to motivate staff to deliver quality work;
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Dashboard design and data
- Concise and clear communication to all levels of management
- Good understanding of accounting principles;
- Knowledge of extraction and analysis of data from commonly used ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle Financials.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional'.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here
Solicitors Regulation Authority