Senior Manager User Experience UX Lead - London
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Experience Design practice, A career in Experience Consulting services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients change customer behaviours through the experience journey starting with a strategy, then through design, and eventually implementation. You'll focus on bringing interactive tools in the form of mobile apps, websites, or other digital platforms to ensure our clients fully integrate customer and user experiences into their organisation.
We help our clients build a customer centric organisation through differentiated and brand defining customer experiences. You'll help our team build a value based consumer model, coupled with quantitative analysis and digital technology based on the client's target customer base.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
PwC is evolving it's approach to business transformation by bringing in experience strategy, design, and user experience (UX) capabilities. We believe that providing a combined approach incorporating business, experience and technology is essential to delivering successful transformative outcomes for our clients. This new team will benefit from working closely with our established business strategists and technologists throughout the firm, gaining access to leading clients globally. PwC has recently appointed a new CXO (Chief Experience Officer) to its Consulting practice, to evolve the firm's approach.
We therefore have a new exciting opportunity available for a User Experience (UX) Lead to join this growing team, with a background working in an agency, client-side or consultancy. The ideal candidate will
- Be a design leader with deep knowledge of information and interaction design across a variety of devices, touch-points, experience domains and sectors
- Have a keen eye for detail, a strong aesthetic and point of view, and a 'minor' in visual design
- Have a fundamental understanding of service design, and extensive experience as a practitioner
- Have a working knowledge of content strategy and production (e.g. short-form video, native ads)
- Be well-versed in modern design research methods (remote and ethnographic)
- Have demonstrable experience helping global brands design and deliver digital products and services
- Have a strong desire to co-create (with clients and internal teams), and experience facilitating this type of collaboration
- Have experience leading large insights, strategy, design and user experience teams in a National or International role
- Be a natural leader with hands-on experience motivating and managing a large, multi-disciplinary Experience Design Team
- Able to demonstrate relevant mastery of Adobe CC
- Expertly proficient in Sketch and Invision
- A specialist in 2 or more other rapid prototyping tools
- Well-versed in either Design Thinking or MG Taylor methodologies
- Working knowledge of Framer, UX-Pin
- Working knowledge of HTML, JS
- Ability to navigate a variety of legacy UX tools (e.g., Axure, Omnigraffle, etc.)
- Confident verbal and visual communicator
- A natural problem solver
- Previous National or International discipline leadership experience (medium to large team)
We're looking for energetic, passionate UX practitioners who enjoy sweating the details - working across devices and touch-points - to design and deliver bold work for our brave clients across the UK. Reporting to the Chief Experience Officer, you'll be a key part of the London-based Experience team working hard to put the customer at the centre of everything that you do (and you'll challenge our clients and their teams to do the same), and bringing propositions, products and services, and 'the art of the possible' to life.
About your day-to- day
- Quickly formulate hypotheses based on insights and intuition;
- Design and facilitate multi-disciplinary co-creation workshops at different points throughout the product- and service-design lifecycle to explore those hypotheses;
- Prototype ideas quickly (i.e., make the simplest artefact possible to test a hypothesis or assumption)
- Design experiences across devices and touch-points for our clients and their customers;
- Work closely with third parties as part of delivery projects; engage with and support your colleagues from customer, technology and strategy practice areas;
- Lead business development through participation in proposals and client meetings;
- Lead practice development, through design leadership, mentoring and coaching.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.