* Cook - All Experience Levels - Mountain Dining - Winter Seasonal - B
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Vail Resorts
Beaver Creek Resort is currently seeking?cooks of all experience levels for our on-mountain food and beverage locations!
Cooks receive paid training, a shift meal, ski & ride breaks (dependent on business volume) and are provided with uniforms!?
What?s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts; Beaver Creek, Vail, Whistler Blackcomb, Keystone, Breckenridge, Park City, Northstar, Heavenly, Kirkwood, Mt. Brighton, Afton Alps, & Wilmot Mountain
- Discounted dependent ski passes
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted tickets to Arapahoe Basin
- Discounted lodging at our properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off? at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events - Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions
The?Entry Cook?is responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients, etc. May use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or saut? station and be responsible for set up of assigned station. May be responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote meal sites for preparation.
The?Intermediate Cook?functions as an experienced cook, responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and saut?ing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.?
The?Advanced Cook?functions as very experienced cook, responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new recipes and menu items. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
- Individuals who are passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- English Proficiency
- Able to work the entire season (November? April)
- Some experience in food and beverage or guest service ? preferred
- Weekends and holidays required.
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per week
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 163669