Prepared Foods Team Leader (FT) - Market District - Kingsdale #6515
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Giant Eagle, Inc.
Who We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.
To provide leadership to Team Members in all aspects of the department through coaching and mentoring. To stimulate the growth of the business by implementing merchandising initiatives and building lifelong relationships with our customers.
- Execute, follow and support business initiatives, monitor adherence to Company policies and procedures and measure results.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to company policy.
- Effectively delegate meaningful responsibility and decision making authority to the right people, clearly communicate expectations, provide the right amount of direct support and follow up in a timely manner.
- Communicate Federal, State, County or Local regulations by training Team Members on new and existing laws to ensure compliance.
- Participate in implementing the Company's strategic business plan regarding the Prepared Foods Business to improve sales and gross profit, recommending ways to take cost out of the business and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the business plan.
- Implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department a display a \""Famous for Fresh' presentation.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement when applicable.
- Review and analyze store financial, LOB reports and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with the other departments in the store, in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet the financial objective of the store.
- Participate in meetings and training seminars mutually agreed upon by Store Manager.
- Effectively utilize PCSAM and the help chain to identify Problems, determine root Causes, generate practical and innovative Solutions, take Action and Measure results in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\\\$1 - \\\\$100k
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Retail leadership or supervisory experience
- Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role
- Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role
- Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department
- Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- At least 18 years of age
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Hot Ovens
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Coffee Brewer
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Ice Machine
- Pressure Hose
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Grease Fryers
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another - our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners - defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.