iOS Chapter Lead
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Xcceler8
Are you an expert in all things iOS? Can you lead and nurture a team in a fast paced environment? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you, with our UK banking Client.
As the iOS Chapter Lead, you will be leading a team of iOS Engineers working across multiple feature teams and value streams. You will build up the right capabilities within your chapter, equipping them with the right processes, standards and tools to ensure they deliver functional excellence whilst maintaining high standards of quality and managing risk.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working hours.
So what would you be doing?...
- iOS Chapter Lead required to join Retail Bank who are expanding their mobile products significantly as part of company wide growth.
Defining, owning and regularly maintaining processes, standards and tools to be used by all iOS Engineers to ensure high quality and timely delivery of change
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining your application roadmap, working with Value streams and Feature Teams to align with delivery plans
- Working with other Engineering functions and Chapter Leads to drive forward on Engineering improvements and Technical Enablers - including DevOps adoption, TDD/BDD, Automation in testing and deployment
- Managing Technical Debt within your chapter, identifying opportunities for remediation and working with Value Streams and Feature Teams to ensure these are prioritised
- Raising and own any risks associated with your chapter - ensuring these are regularly reviewed and mitigating actions put in place
- Being a subject matter expert for all things iOS and support your Engineers and others across the bank with any escalations or bump-ups where your expertise may be required
- Challenging and supporting the team members, through effective performance management and mentoring
- Ensuring there is a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous learning within your chapter and across Engineering
- Establish effective knowledge management processes and repositories and ensure these are regularly maintained and knowledge is shared across Engineering
- Working with 3rd party suppliers and system vendors to maintain relationships, forecast supply and demand
You need to be this kind of person
- Passionate leader providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work, learn and guide in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn, grow and coach.
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
As this is a UK banking Client so risk is a part of everything we do. The client loves people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and the client and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these things...
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, the client and all our stakeholders
- Experience leading and line managing a team and platform within IT Engineering
- You must have expert knowledge of iOS development/engineering
- Experience working in Agile methodologies (SAFe/Scrum/Kanban)
- Deep knowledge and experience with iOS development practices and tools
- Experience defining and setting processes and standards, risk management, technical debt ownership
- Experience working within and designing event driven/microservices based architecture
- In depth understanding of mobile app Architecture and strong understanding of Technology Design and Development principles and guidelines
- Strong knowledge of SWIFT and Xcode is mandatory
- Solid understanding of mobile app life cycle from requirements and design, through to production deployment, certificate management and monitoring