Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Concept Resourcing
Service Design - Product Design - Consulting - End-to-End - Hybrid - WFH - North East - Cloud - up to £45,000 + benefits - Design Service
Concept Resourcing are looking for a Service Designer who will work with one of our Managed Services Providers who offer innovative products and services, using industry leading technologies and expertise. This is a varied position, which falls within Service and Product Design.
We are looking for Service designers who are passionate about innovation, understand the technology landscape today and what the future looks like and shape and build world class services.
As part of the service design team your focus will be on identifying and delivering innovative new services. Your responsibility will be to bring all areas of services together to ensure the service creation process is followed and work efficiently and effectively.
As the Service Designer you will:
- Research and identify innovative products and services, relevant to target audiences, to design, build and take to market.
- Working closely with sales, technical and marketing staff to understand technologies required for product build.
- Work in line with the established service creation process to take services to market
- Creating and maintaining technical product documentation
- Define and hold to account the pre-sales, professional services, service support and service management for the execution of their elements of the service creation process based on clearly defined criteria
- Work alongside technical and operational teams to upskill for service delivery & produce service documentation.
- Work alongside the finance team to develop cost and pricing models for services
- Bring to life the target customer experience, and Deliver training to Sales and internal teams on services
- Working with marketing and branding teams to define the "go to market" and create customer collateral for new products and services.
- Working within budgets and timelines
- Ability to define and create profitable cost models for products and services.
- Updating key stakeholders during all stages of the development process.
- Overseeing the development and testing of the chosen service
- Work to KPI targets to be defined once in role.
- Undertaking product reviews and optimising products and services over their life cycle to maintain quality.
As the Service Designer, you will be innovative and someone who thinks outside the box. You will work closely and within different Teams and so communication internally and externally will be vital in this position.
- Experience of building end-to-end standardised products and services.
- Experience and awareness of the key elements of repeatable services, including Support, Monitoring, management, and maintenance.
- Awareness of a wide range of technologies, and where technology can solve business challenges, in particular public cloud & Microsoft Technologies
- Experience in working within a start-up mentality, or within a new small team in a larger organisation.
- Experience working for a Technology Services Provider or Managed Services provider
- Previous experience working alongside technical teams to articulate the features/benefits of new products and services
- Previous experience working alongside marketing teams to assist in the go-to-market collateral for new products and services.
- Some understanding of finances and ability to assist in building profitable cost models would be an advantage.
- Some Experience in presenting to senior stakeholder and C-level customers would be an advantage.
For more information and to apply for this position, click "APPLY" and a member of the team will be in touch