Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
The right candidate must be focused, confident and motivated with a flair for design and with good technical skills. They should have excellent communication and time-management skills with the confidence to deal independently with contractors, consultants, planning authorities and colleagues whilst being able to be flexible in working autonomously, or as part of a team.
Candidates should be acquainted with current UK Building regulations and have working knowledge of the RIBA work stages. Accuracy and attention to detail and design is vital.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
* understanding the design project and the construction phase
* preparing and developing where required, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
* assisting where required in the coordination of the internal design team
* taking responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design and project development
* liaising where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
* working closely on site with all teams involved in construction, making sure that that everything is going to plan
The applicant should:
* able to demonstrate experience in meeting planning policy, residential design and quality standards, UK Building Regulations.
* have experience in construction detailing
* have sound communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
* have the ability to work using your own initiative and as part of a team
* excellent IT skills; including Microsoft Office and CAD
* the ability to liaise effectively and confidently both internally and externally
* have the ability to work within financial budgets and time constraints
Knowledge of issues pertinent to architecture, design, planning and the built environment in the context of sustainability
Full, clean driving licence
Experience working on commercial projects
This is a full time position (37.5 hrs per week)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Please consider the location of our office and as such we request that you only apply should you live in, or are looking to locate to, Somerset.
Salaries are negotiable and commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy
UK Hydrographic Office
United Kingdom Hydrographic Office