Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Full time, Permanent
Salary up to £25,000 (DOE) + benefits + excellent holidays + pension
Key areas of responsibility
• To work with the Head Chef and the Kitchen brigade in preparation of all food for staff, students and our busy conference business in either, or both, of the two kitchens on site.
• Work will be carried out in all areas of the Kitchen e.g. pastry, stoves, vegetable preparation.
• The Third Chef will be required to take responsibility on occasion; this may include occasionally running the Kitchen.
• Ordering and stock-control of food items will at times be carried out by the Third Chef.
• Appropriate care and attention to detail should be taken at all times to ensure food of a very high standard is produced.
• Responsibility for temperature checks which are carried out and recorded on a daily basis.
• Responsibility for cleaning schedules which should be followed on a daily basis. A high standard of hygiene should be maintained at all times.
• Health and safety procedures and standards will be followed at all times, and personal health and hygiene standards should be maintained at all times.
• The Third Chef will be required to work effectively as part of a team of Chefs and Kitchen Porters, as well as work well with the Catering Manager and Deputy, the Dining Hall Supervisors and General Assistants to ensure a smooth running of the Catering Department.
• The Third Chef will undertake any other duties as may be required by the Head Chef or the more senior Chefs.
• Full induction into the role will be carried out for the appointee. The Third Chef will be required to undertake training as required throughout their career with us.
The ideal applicant will preferably have experience of working in a busy kitchen environment. They may have a catering qualification, though relevant experience will also be considered and/or training offered, if required. They will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for the cooking and the preparation of food, creativity for menu planning and be able to work well as part of a team.
From 40x to 44x hours per week. Hours are variable according to shift roster. A rota system is in operation which includes split shifts, evenings and weekends.
Aligra have been established since 2007 and have since implemented supply partnerships with a good number of the UK's leading logistics companies.
People are the most important part of any business - and we are no different. At Aligra we only recruit recruitment consultants who show the right blend of professionalism, passion and commitment whose work ethic matches our 'Whatever it Takes' approach. Our team will always do what it takes to fulfil the Aligra ambition.
While we work across industries, we specialise in recruitment and talent management for the Accountancy & Finance, Professional & Executive, Automotive and Transport & Logistics sectors.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Aligra Personnel Limited, who are a recruitment business