Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
* To provide administrative and technical support in the effective and efficient promotion and use of the computerised NRSWA/Permit system (Exor - Atlas) to ensure that the council fulfils its duties and obligations under the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) and the London Permit Scheme (LoPs)
* To encourage Utilities and other works promotors including the council to fulfil their obligations under NRSWA and to ensure minimum disruption to residents and road users.
* To assess each permit application received from all sources and to take appropriate action in order to effectively and efficiently meet the Councils Network Management duties.
* To make decisions to ensure that all the works carried out on the highway network by all works promoters including the Council are co-ordinated and monitored such that the works cause minimum disruption to residents and highway users.
* To assist the Council's Traffic Manager as defined in the Traffic Management Act 2004 to diligently execute the related duties to ensure that the highway network operates at maximum capacity.
* Ensure that all permit requests are made in compliance with NRSWA and the London permit scheme (LoPs) and where irregularities are identified to address these in an appropriate manner with the works promoter to ensure effective and efficient co-ordination and monitoring of utility company and council promoted works.
* To ensure compliance with policy, process and procedures as developed by the council in relation to ensuring compliance with the London Permit scheme and NRSWA legislation.
* To assist the Senior Permit Co-ordinator by providing information as requested to be included in progress and management reports relating to Street Works, the Permit scheme, NRSWA and related works on the highway network.
* To assist in the effective and efficient execution of co-ordination, through investigations and analysis in order to effectively assist with the planning of the works carried out by third parties and the Authority with a view to minimising the impact of the proposed works.
* Ensure a consistent approach to all Permit applications in order to demonstrate parity in treatment between all works promoters.
* Ensure that the Permit system is managed and updated as required in order to use the system to report activity and hence allow full recovery of the costs of operating the Permit scheme.
* Use the system to interrogate concerns and issues, such as potential overstays in order to maximise income opportunities by fully utilising NRSWA and TMA legislation when non-compliance is suspected.
* To ensure that systems and processes are complied with to enable all works promoters are treated equally to allow for a shadow charging process for council promoted works.
* To ensure that S50, S58 and S74 processes are implemented and recorded on the system and that appropriate officers are alerted to their existence to allow site inspections and evidence gathering to take place at appropriate times.
* To assist the Senior Co-ordinator in ensuring that the needs of customers and users of the public highway network in Barnet are met where the Council is responsible, justified and appropriate action is taken to establish and understand these needs and feedback is given.
The Essential requirements for this role are:
* Experience in local government / Experience in street works highway activity/ Experience of carrying out administrative duties / An understanding of current NRSWA legislation / 5 GCSE passes (D and above) / Qualifications and training in administrative processes
* An understanding of specialist highway IT packages used for highway network management
* Experience of using Exor Atlas Street Works package
* Experience of using IT software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
* Experience of using financial IT systems
* Ability to plan, prioritise and monitor workloads to meet deadlines
* Ability to take responsibility to resolve issues
* Commitment to a high-quality output and quality control
* Ability to keep good work records
* Good time management
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to (url removed) or call Lyndsey for further information.
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)