Food Safety Inspector
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
The ideal candidate will be required to undertake approximately 50 lower risk D-rated food inspections before the end of March 2019.
This will include the inspection of the food businesses, completion of a hand-written inspection report, and the updating of a file record for each inspection undertaken.
* To carry out a range of targeted Food and Safety interventions in businesses. This work is likely to be mostly restricted to lower risk D rated establishments. To ensure that regulatory contraventions are effectively and promptly communicated to the duty holder, and to promote good practice.
* If follow up enforcement action, including the service of Hygiene Improvement Notices is deemed necessary, this will be communicated to the Food and Safety Team Manager without delay.
* To maintain accurate, timely and comprehensive records of work undertaken.
* To deliver excellent customer care, through communication, openness and the provision of advice and information.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* A degree in Environmental Health or equivalent qualification and Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (EHORB); or EHRB Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection or equivalent.
* Current technical and working knowledge of practices relevant to food hygiene and safety enforcement work.
* To be IT literate, especially in Microsoft Office.
* Will have excellent customer service and communication skills
* To hold a full driving licence and have the use of a vehicle