Junior Electronics Engineer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Do you strive to get it right first time, every-time and flourish in a fast-paced engineering environment?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding its portfolio of technology projects. Whether it's a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Junior Electronics Engineer or an Electronic Engineering graduate looking to develop their career and skill set within Electronic design, hardware testing and validation.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be joining our development team working on the test and design of electronic and electrical parts which are used within our industrial rack and computer systems and commercial tablets.
As the successful Junior Electronics Engineer, you will gain a wide range of skills, but the initial focus will be on hardware testing and validation (70%) and product design activities (30%). You will be a self-starter with the right attitude to integrate with the team and eventually become an expert hardware development engineer.
The nature of projects will vary greatly and involve electronic and electrical design and integration and innovation based around computing solutions.
As the Junior Electronics Engineer you will be a recent electronics engineering graduate ideally with some relevant industrial experience. You will also have a good engineering or technical background, be a self-starter who can research necessary information and then apply this to ensure designs meet requirements.
* 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
* Flexible working option to earn half a day additional holiday each month by working 5 additional hours.
* Flexi-time arrangements.
* Pension scheme - 3% Employer, 3% Employee contributions. Increasing up to 7% Employer contribution service related.
Electronic | Design | Graduate | Engineering | Junior | Degree | BSc | Beng
* University Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
* Capable in designing analogue power and digital electronic PCBAs from concept through to manufacture
* Ability to evaluate electrical and electronic designs, products and components, by conducting research for integration or suitability into the final design including testing and analysis
* Ability to perform schematic capture and PCB layout using design software (ideal experience with Mentor Graphics PADS)
* Ability to produce drawings (PADS / SolidWorks) and schematics for electrical systems, control panels and power distribution units
* Ability to design, develop and generate project cable and cable termination schedules
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage and easily build rapport with people
* Organised and with excellent time management
* Excellent report writing skills
* Attention to detail
* Passionate, energetic and with a positive outlook
* Process driven with logical, planned and structured methodology
From mobile tablets and boxed computers through to complex racks and innovative IoT platforms, we design to any form factor. Our customers operate in a number of different industries including, Transport, Medical, Defence, Energy, Gaming and Hospitality. Our brand values have stood the test of time and are what underpin us as a Tried, Tested and Trusted brand