Junior Fee Earner
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Keoghs are seeking a Junior Fee Earner known in the business as a Small Claims Fee Earners to join our team in Bark Street, Bolton.
They will effectively manage a portfolio of litigated small claims track files under the supervision and guidance of a lead fee earner. The role will involve handling both quantum and liability small claims cases efficiently and proactively whilst utilising effective telephone negotiation techniques to obtain the appropriate settlement. The role is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to take their first steps in to litigated file handling and begin to develop the skills required to manage a full litigated caseload. Induction to the role - training will be provided along with continued on the job support and mentoring from a senior a fee earner.
Keoghs is one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We combine proven processes, technology and a low cost infrastructure with deep legal and insurance market knowledge. This enables us to create individual solutions for each of our clients that match their requirements in terms of quality, performance and value for money.
• Analysis of the available evidence to create an initial case strategy on liability and quantum.
• Undertake effective telephone discussions and negotiations with the client, Defendant, third party insurer and third party Solicitors to pursue the efficient and appropriate settlement of cases and the apportionment of costs
• Proofing witnesses, assessing their evidence and drafting statements.
• Drafting of all Court document whilst ensuring all Court deadlines are met.
• Instructing, briefing and liaising with Counsel.
• Guiding the Defendant through the litigation process where required and setting expectations.
• Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making
• Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team where appropriate
• Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls within strict service level agreements,
• Updating reports upon receipt of evidence as required.
• Meeting agreed performance targets
• Adhering to Client Guidelines
• Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
• Ensuring files are kept within ISO 9001 guidelines
• To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
• Calm under pressure with the ability to re-prioritise and delegate effectively when required
Confident with ability to take initiative to innovate and adapt to changing situations
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
• Ability to follow instruction with attention to detail
• Effectively work within a team
• Established experience in law through further education or experience.
• File handling experience within a law practice or Insurer.
• Good understanding of the high way code and basic road traffic act principles.
What we Can Offer You
•A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
•Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
Standard 35 hour week
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please