Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer. The Senior Android OS Development Engineer is responsible for the design and integration of complex digital circuits and to port android to a customer platform.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with a team of developers to develop and manage Android from the Kernel Layer to Framework
* Manage technical lifecycle of Android applications during development
* Document and maintain design specifications including source code for new applications
* Apply expertise to enable a quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
* Identify new development tools/approaches that will increase code quality, efficiency, and best practices.
* Develop and champion the development processes, coding style guidelines, and architectural designs necessary to innovate and maintain great product quality.
Minimum Job Requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven track record of bringing up Android on platforms from scratch
* Experience of producing software for complex processor/ DDR3/DDR4 and high speed interconnect is essential
* Hands on experience of Hardware; Firmware & Software Integration is essential
* Expert at Android Kernel (Hardware Abstraction Level) HAL, Kernel, HIDL
* Knowledge of Android NDK, PDK and Frameworks i.e. adding your own package to Android Open Source Package (AOSP) frameworks)
* Knowledge of developing Embedded Systems for Linux and Android.
* Familiarity with RTOS systems.
* Ability to rebuild the entire Android system including the kernel, middleware (AOSP) and applications
* Familiarity with control interfaces: SPI, UART, I2C, USB
* Experience of de-bugging and testing new designs and supporting module and system related test,
* Strong C/C++ programming skills
Education and Qualifications:
* Degree level qualification in Software, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline