Lead Intelligence Officer required in Aberdeen for a temp contract
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
RSR Regulatory are currently recruiting for a Disclosure Officer for a temporary initial 3 month contract, with the likelihood of an extension. Our client is an established regulator that protects the welfare of consumers and businesses against fraudulent crimes.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Supervise, guide, support and direct the work of staff in the collection, recording, analysis and dissemination of criminal intelligence.
* Ensure intelligence is prioritised according to its urgency and staff react appropriately in terms of dissemination and collection requirements.
* Provide and co-ordinate the collation and appropriate dissemination of coherent, authoritative reports, bulletins, briefings, etc., in relation to identified threats, risks and other related issues, for the benefit of internal and, where necessary, external stakeholders.
* Produce high quality intelligence packages that are comprehensive, timely and capable of being actioned by the SFCIU investigative function and by external stakeholders or collaboratively with internal and/or external stakeholders.
* Supervise covert functions and perform the role of Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS) Handler, in line with the requirements of RIP(S)A 2000.
* Organise and undertake the training role in respect of covert surveillance and CHIS functions, in respect of the requirements of RIP(S)A 2000.
* Person specification
* Substantial current role-related experience in intelligence development activities within a law enforcement or intelligence agency environment.
* Excellent understanding and substantial role-related use of the National Intelligence Model, including delivering intelligence products and use of crime analysis tools, methodology and specialist software.
For further information, or to apply, please email your CV by clicking the apply button or call on (Apply online only).
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer