Principal Planning Officer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
The council need a great Principal Planning Officer with substantial development management experience able to process major and strategic planning applications from validation to decision.
Duties for the Principal Planning Officer role will be:
* Take responsibility for resolving highly complex strategic planning projects, planning applications and development consent orders, managing projects from conception to conclusion, including the supervision of planning and other staff in project teams.
* To lead the preparation of evidence and act for the Council as the expert planning witness in planning appeals including public inquiries, hearings, public examinations and high court proceedings.
* To lead and conclude negotiations on complex legal agreements which ensure the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with planning law, national and local planning policy, balance stakeholder and local community requirements and apply best practice.
* To judge competing priorities, lead negotiations with and give definitive advice to all stakeholders in the planning process including, developers, professional agents, councillors, parish/town councils, service providers, other council officers, community organisations and members of the public on planning issues associated with highly complex development projects and proposals.
* To prepare reports and deliver presentations to councillors, senior officers, stakeholders and public meetings on planning issues associated with highly complex development projects and proposals.
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Officer role you must have a minimum of five years recent experience of dealing with major residential (100 plus dwellings) and commercial developments with a local authority, be able to handle a large case load of complex planning applications with minimal supervision, have experience of presenting applications to committee, and have strong knowledge of national planning advice.
They client will be paying between £40-45 per hour for the Principal Planning Officer, and are ideally looking for a candidate to start within 2 weeks. Working through Ackerman Pierce will also guarantee you weekly payment for your work, as well as a personal consultant to work with you during the process, along with some loyalty benefits throughout your time with the agency. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs