Civil Engineer - New Build Housing
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Civil Engineer - New Build Housing
Up to £45k
We are looking for a dynamic, confident and knowledgeable Civil Engineer who will be responsible for the preparation of conceptual engineering information in the Leicester area. For viability purposes and provide engineering support in terms of planning application
* Under the guidance of the Senior Engineer, interpret Geo-technical and Geo-environmental reports and advise on development constraints.
* Advise on design concept for road and sewer layout.
* Ensure that the layout develops in full cognisance of the engineering constraints.
* Oversee the development of a cost-effective road and sewer design utilising consultants together with detailed local site works design development.
* Instruct and secure relevant reports to assist in securing planning approval including Flood Risk Assessments, Geo-environmental Appraisals, Transportation Assessments, Utility Appraisals.
* Work with specialist consultants to ensure appropriate remediation strategy is developed.
* Co-ordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any further engineering issues.
* Generate civil engineering design working in conjunction with the design team to produce a final coordinated design.
* Manage consultants in the preparation of site remediation, road and sewer designs and foundation designs.
* Ensure all engineering drawings for tender process and start on site are available and review to permit construction with minimal site queries.
* Manage external consultants to secure technical approval for roads and sewers together with any off site works.
* Manage all services quotations, drawings and assist in programming installation/diversion for both existing and proposed utilities
* Thorough and total commitment to the Value Improvement process - the role is a key player in driving forward the Region's development programme.
* Potential need to assume lead role on major projects for the purpose of infrastructure coordination and delivery.
* Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meetings as required under the Company's Operational Framework procedure.
* Undertake regular site visits and attendance at site project meetings.
* Any other duties as required by the Senior Engineer/Technical Director.
* Experience of civil engineering gained within house building industry/consultancy e.g. roads and sewers, foundations, drainage, etc
* Delivering S38/S104 and S278 designs and securing Technical Approval
* Discharging Building Regulations Conditions
* Producing Site Appraisal Reports
* Civil Engineering related qualification (ONC/HNC or equivalent)
* Been part of a successful Engineering Team
* Established track record of undertaking and/or managing engineering design and ability to undertake thorough and comprehensive value engineering.
* Good understanding of engineering legislation, regulatory and emerging requirements
* Conversant with interpretation of ground conditions, road and sewer design, foundation design and remediation requirements.
* Ability to work within tight deadlines and to programme.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Negotiation skills, to achieve timely technical approvals and readiness for site start.
* Commercial awareness of design and design changes.
* Ability to work under own initiative is a key requirement
* AutoCAD and detailed drawing skills are essential
Linsco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy