APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THIS CLEARNCE AND THE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN THE SPEC FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF WORK AND PENSION. THIS JOB INVOLVES SHIFTS, FOUR DAYS ON FOUR DAYS OFF. THIS JOB WILL CLOSE FOR SUBMISSIONS BY SATURDAY 8TH DECEMBER. ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. TO SPEED UP YOUR APPLICAITON PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL CAROLINE DIRECLTY ON (Apply online only) TO DISCUSS THIS JOB. JOB CAN CLOSE EARLY SO PLEASE APPLY IN TIME FRAME SPECIFIED....
JOD BESCRIPTION -
SECURITY CLEARANCE SC LEVEL REQUIRED
Role: Application Support Analyst
As an Application Support Analyst the applications you will be supporting are critical to DWP.
You, along with the team, will be responsible to ensure these are kept online and running as they affect thousands of DWP users, who in turn provide services to millions of vulnerable UK citizens.
We serve people from every possible background from all across the UK, and we are looking for applicants who reflect that diversity and who share our values on equality.
You will be energetic with a positive outlook and have the ability to motivate yourself and your colleagues in the team through challenging times.
You are technically gifted with an investigative way of thinking and enjoy the challenge of getting stuck into issues to find out why things aren't working.
You are someone who is able to work under pressure and accustomed to change. Your strong technical background will allow to learn and picks up skills fast.
Ideally, you would have had a role within application support and specifically VME in the past.
The Application Support Analyst supports multiple live applications, liaising with all areas of the business. These roles are specifically in VME/Legacy skillsets and knowledge is needed to hit the ground running.
What we are looking for
• Pro-actively monitors live systems undertaking early morning checks to ensure the system is fit for start of business and addressing any abnormalities as and when they occur.
• Identifies, prioritises and diagnoses incidents in accordance with procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and escalates to various Delivery Leads and Service Delivery Manager.
• Owns an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated and/or resolved.
• Initiates and monitors actions to investigate, analyses patterns and trends and resolves problems in systems, processes and services. Determines problem fixes and/or remedies.
• Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
• Takes inputs and establishes coherent frameworks that are fit for purpose.
• Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of products and services.
• Ensure overnight batch schedule runs successfully.
• Identifies improvements and supports proposed solutions through to implementation by supporting the organisation, introducing more effective and efficient solutions (people, processing and tooling) to deliver increased automation and working collaboratively with BPDTS teams, DWP and third party suppliers.
• Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
• Works independently to deliver agreed outcomes - but works equally well in a team
• Experience of working VME (TPMS/IDMSX/BATCH)Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint
• Experience of working in an IT Live Support environment.
• Experience of ITIL v3 framework desirable