Senior Internal Auditor
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
The position is due to ideally start at the end of January on a full time basis. The salary is £41896 in addition to a £1800 car user allowance.
All candidates must have a minimum of two years' experience in internal auditing in the UK, as well as be CIA/PIIA registered. Also the ideal candidate will have social housing experience, or have experience working in a large organisation. Ability to travel to Kent, London, Sussex and the Midlands.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of Optivo business processes, risk environment and control frameworks to support continuous improvement objectives
* Working collaboratively with strategic and operational management to identify and deliver improvements in the risk and control environment and to maintain trusting relationships
* Scoping and preparing draft audit assignment Terms of Reference which are risk based and relevant to Optivo business objectives, for review and agreement by the HIA and audit client
* Using the audit management system to record high quality, evidence based testing schedules and working records ensuring conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process and risks under review
* Preparing high quality, evidence based internal audit reports which reflect the results of the work performed and clearly support recommendations for improvement.
* Leading meetings with audit clients to ensure understanding of audit objectives, findings and recommendations, offering practical and achievable solutions for improvement to operations and the control environment
* Delivering internal audit assignments in accordance with prescribed deadlines, Internal Audit Procedures and performance standards and in accordance with Professional Audit Standards (PSIAS)
* Monitoring delivery of audit action plans and conduct follow up reviews to ensure agreed audit recommendations are delivered and sustained
* Participating in project groups where required to provide controls advice as necessary
* Undertaking special projects, ad hoc audits, fraud or breach investigations as required on request of the HIA
* Supervising, motivating and supporting more junior auditors and guest auditors where required by the HIA, providing performance review and professional guidance
* Maintaining audit administration systems and data to support audit and performance monitoring activities
* Keeping up to date with IIA Professional Practices Framework, sector related legislation, regulations and risk management and control best practices to ensure the internal audit function is high quality and compliant with professional standards
Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Expertise (delete as appropriate) required:
* Minimum two years' experience working as a full time Internal Auditor in the UK
* Must be CIA/PIAA registered
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don't forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details