Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Contract Manager to actively contribute to the management of the supply chain portfolio, including the development and implementation of supply chain and supplier relationship strategies Acting as commercial lead, managing one or more contracts, ensuring effective stakeholder management, governance, performance management frameworks, escalation, risk management, issues resolution, financial management, change control and compliance.
* Commercially astute
* Have a good understanding of Contract Law and applied working knowledge of interpreting, managing and enforcing complex service agreements/contracts/frameworks
* Proven track record and detailed understanding of contract management processes, performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms
* Experience in the implementation of Supplier Relationship Management strategies
* Experience of negotiating and managing large complex contracts, engaging with lawyers and other advisors as required
* Experience of commercial management and delivery
* Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans
* Have a good understanding of procurement including Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies
* Exhibits ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written)
* Able to interact and effectively influence stakeholders, building collaborative relationships where appropriate. Engages with users to understand requirements, influencing decision making, able to effectively question and challenge users (act as a "critical friend")
* Has good leadership skills and the ability to work effectively as a team
* Demonstrate an ability to engage by listening & communicating succinctly and clearly using appropriate methods to suit all audiences to maximise understanding and impact
* Generates effective solutions to complex problems, resolving queries and complaints
* Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organisation and externally
* Working knowledge of purchasing processes (Purchase - to - Pay)
* Experience of dealing with demand challenges in a complex operational environment
* Possess a relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience.
* Desirable - CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification
Due to Security vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity