Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by TUI in the UK
TUI Group is the world's number one tourism business. The broad portfolio of TUI businesses gathered under the Group umbrella consists of tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies, leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds and 13 cruise liners. This integrated offering enables us to provide 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
IT Portfolio Management is a function within the UK&I IT Department primarily responsible for management and execution of the business change projects enabled by IT in United Kingdom and Ireland. IT Portfolio Management is also responsible for managing engagement between the Business and IT. The Portfolio Management team consists of IT Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and a PMO team.
You will be assigned to work on projects in a particular business aligned portfolio of IT projects. Usually portfolios are formed of 15-20 projects, you will typically work at a time on 3-5 projects in various stages of development (ranging from idea exploration to development and go live) or you could be assigned to work on a programme of work encompassing a range of projects.
What you will be doing
Business Requirements Analysis
- Undertake analysis of the business needs, including TUI internal and market external factors, define problem statements, analyse root causes
- Support the definition of scope and the creation of business case in terms of defining business goals and related benefits to support business leads.
- Will engage stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancements to the enterprise systems being enhanced at any given point and document business reporting requirements.
- Conduct systems analysis and related techniques to both gather requirements, analyse functional and non-functional requirements to create concise documentation as required by technical teams and senior level technical business stakeholders
- Working with cross-functional areas of the business to ensure that requirements dependencies are understood and aligned.
- Ensuring that requirements drive all aspects of the of the project delivery lifecycle through the use of traceability principles: engaging with solution architects and designers, development teams, test leads and testers as well as users to ensure that all their work has clear line of sight to accurate clear requirements and acceptance criterion.
- Work with Project Sponsor and Project Manager to understand and document project objectives and scope
- Work with Project Manager and Business Leads to define requirements' stakeholders, requirements' conflict resolution procedures and the requirements' team structure
- Work with Project Manager to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issues
- Work with Business Leads and delivery teams to develop best fit systems solutions
- Navigate the IT team and Project Sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; shaping structure of the requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner
- Support implementation of project, programme and portfolio management standards, tools and documentation
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Build, develop and foster the IT / Business relationship for the assigned business areas
- Identify and effectively engage with Business/IT stakeholders and key decision makers
- Form strong, positive working relationships at all levels in the business areas aligned to assigned projects
- Define and execute an effective business stakeholder facing communication plans
- Identify stakeholder needs and requirements and manage their expectations
- Engage with stakeholders in the most effective and efficient fashion
What we are looking for
- An experienced data focused Business Analyst to identify and discuss complex requirements with senior business users of all disciplines, analyse those requirements, and convert them into business requirement documents with the ultimate goal of improving product quality.
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Data Analysis skills
- Understanding of complex systems and platforms that are needed in large enterprises
- Strong Communication skills - Willingness/ability to mentor or lead other junior members of the team
- Strong Passion for data and systems integration platforms - beneficial
- Measurable track record of providing business analysis input into major change initiatives encompassing at least five years of relevant experience
- Track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple IT/Business stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, in English. Comfortable communicating high level concepts to senior stakeholders whilst also being able to delve into the detail of complex changes.
- Highly relevant and proven work experience
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
TUI in the UK
TUI in the UK
TUI in the UK