Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Wishford Schools
An experienced, enthusiastic, suitably qualified Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is required to support the development of the Wishford group of independent schools.
Working within the central Finance team, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager takes responsibility for:
- Managing the annual budgeting cycle, including periodic reforecasts;
- Producing monthly management accounts and associated analysis, rolling cash flow forecasting and other financial information; and
- Analysis current and projected financial performance to support decision-making.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will:
- Manage the annual budgeting cycle, applying zero based budgeting principles, working closely with both the central team and staff within each of the schools;
- Manage the Management Accounting process to ensure the provision of accurate, relevant and timely information, including actual and forecast performance to support decision-making within the business; and
- Analyse current and projected performance across the group and make recommendations to improve efficiency and performance, and share best practice.
In order to deliver the above, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will:
- Prepare annual budgets and cash flow forecasts, working closely with the central finance team and school staff.
- Carefully assess and plan staffing levels in conjunction with the leadership team of each school to ensure effective staff utilisation.
- Present budgets and cash flows to the Executive Team.
- Apply zero based budgeting principles to ensure every cost line is analysed, assessed and justified.
- Review and update five year financial plans and forecasts for each school.
- Analyse and present monthly management information including performance against budget and prior year and meaningful commentary and analysis.
- Develop and improve the monthly reporting pack and management dashboard.
- Work in close conjunction with the Head of Financial Operations to ensure that month and year-end processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Support the preparation of financial information for the annual audit.
- Prepare and present regular analysis and benchmarking of schools to support the process of identifying and implementing improvements in efficiency and effectiveness and the sharing of best practise across the group.
- Analyse, assess and monitor capital projects in conjunction with the Estates Team.
- Maintain weekly cashflow forecasts to support treasury management.
- Undertake ad hoc analysis as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ambition, energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to be hands-on.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- A desire to achieve the very highest standards in everything they do.
- Leadership qualities including authority and empathy to connect with and inspire colleagues.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level and with an appropriate accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA).
- A proven track record of financial analysis.
- An ability to work to a high level of accuracy, with an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships and influence and negotiate.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- The ability to operate under pressure and to deadlines.
Based at the group's Head Office in Corsham, Wiltshire, the FP&A Manager will also spend time visiting the group's schools. This is a full-time, year-round role.
A competitive package of salary and benefits is available.