Ready for an Assistant HR Manager role?
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Strictly Recruitment
If you are an experienced HR Advisor who feels ready to make the transition into an HR Manager role, then this role will provide you with the skills to enable you to take the next step in your career.
I have known the Head of HR for a number of years and would describe her as funny, engaging, passionate and extremely supportive. She views this role as a very real opportunity to take your HR career to the next level and explained:
"Jo, I can offer a unique and very rewarding experience. Find me someone who has solid HR Advisor level experience and I can offer them the opportunity to mentor and develop other HR team members as they work towards becoming an HR Manager, as well as work alongside me on some exciting HR projects that will enable them to transition into their first HR Manger role."
I have worked with this inspirational and fun Head of HR for over six years and seen her develop the careers of many HR professionals. Her skill is in making sure nobody in the team gets too comfortable and feels that they have nowhere to progress. She will keep you fully engaged and help you develop towards your next promotion.
You will need to have a couple of years' experience as an HR Advisor and be able to demonstrate that you understand the value that HR can add to a business. In return, you will be given the opportunity to gain the exposure that will allow you to make the move into an HR Manager level role.
A bit about the rest of the HR team:
- They are a team of fifteen and have a culture of creativity and innovation - this is not a process driven HR function and you will be required to use your judgment.
- There are no specialists so you will enjoy a full and varied Generalist role.
- They said that you need to have lots of energy and be ready to keep up, but added that you could expect to leave work on time (most of the time!)
- All support each other during busy periods
- Professional with high standards (but have lots of fun behind closed doors)
- They are ready to admit that whilst it's a healthy salad for lunch this is followed by a vast amounts of chocolate on a regular basis (apparently to keep their energy up!)
The role will take ultimate responsibility for all people based activity within the organisation from both an operational and strategic perspective. This is a hands-on role where practical HR solutions are essential, along with a passion for delivery in what is a very 'client focused' environment.
Person Specification (in order of preference):
- At least 2 years HR Advisor level experience (ideally gained within Professional Services)
- Solid experience of successfully managing a recruitment and ER process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to network successfully.
- Proactive and able to deliver in a fast-past environment.
Please contact me for a further discussion and more information.