Breakfast and Room Service Supervisor
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by The Grand Brighton
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Food and Beverage Operator to join our highly successful team as a Breakfast and Room Service Supervisor, within our GB1 Seafood restaurant and bar team.
At The Grand, we make hospitality truly meaningful. We strive to create an individual and personal experience for all our guests by delivering Exceptional Hospitality…… so individuals with engaging personalities, who recognise the detail and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude, are a perfect match for us.
Forming part of our food and beverage management team, you will report directly to the Restaurant Manager with a primary responsibility of ensuring that the team are delivering a fantastic level of service to our guests, maximising all revenue opportunities and driving standards forwards.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including a share of Service Charge, Gratuities, complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
Ideal candidates will have previous proven experience at a supervisor level leading a large team in a hotel, restaurant or a similar high quality food and beverage environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Taking responsibility for the overall day to day running of this busy restaurant at breakfast time for up to 400 guests.
• Leading the team to deliver results by providing day to day direction and leadership for direct reports
• Ensuring total guest satisfaction within the operation, by taking an active role in evolving & developing departmental operating standards, procedures and ways of working to ensure they are focused on providing an individual service to all guests
• Supporting and leading a service culture that ensures the guest experience is truly engaging throughout each and every interaction
• Delivering training to ensure the team has full knowledge of the department's food and beverage products and strategies; to ensure every opportunity is taken to maximise sales and to meet targets; and to provide training and development solutions for all team members from induction through to refresher training
• Responsible for driving seamless communication within the department and across the hotel to deliver against guest expectations every time.
• Responsible for ensuring revenue capture is maximised; all revenues are posted accurately and in a timely manner and all required statistical information is accurate
• Conduct regular appraisals with direct reports, setting SMART objectives and identifying people for succession and producing personal development plans to support this
• Create a supportive, fun and creative working environment, developing talent and demanding a quality and standard driven approach throughout each and every member of the team
To be successful in your application for the position of Food and Beverage Supervisor, you must possess the following:
• A track record of achievement as a supervisor within a high quality environment
• Experience in leading large teams of up to 20 people on a shift
• Personality - customer facing presence, a rapport builder, a host.
• Calm and assured under pressure.
• A passion for standards and service.
• Leadership capability - leads from the front and delegates effectively.
• Coach and hands on trainer, having full knowledge of all services we offer to show all your team "How it's done".
• Well organised and structured in approach.
• Confidence to demand high standards from others, challenge upwards for appropriate resources.
• Immaculate in appearance and professional.
If this is a challenge that excites you, then apply now!
The Grand Brighton