Mobile Core Network/Signaling Consultant
Posted on Sep 21, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Mobile Core/Signaling Consultant
- Act as a technical design authority, with objective to protect the core platforms from security risks.
- Design optimal technical solutions that meet business requirements and provide best customer experience;
- Leading and influencing project focused and ongoing technical engagements with the vendors.
- Create and maintain robust design documentation.
- Security responsibilities which will include at least:
- International signalling security and monitoring;
- Working with other security areas to advise signalling network knowledge;
- Ensuring there is suitable E2E hardening for all signalling threats, across CN platforms;
- Provide periodic security report updates for the team;
- Working with large amounts of data for detailed investigation analysis and reporting.
- Create network change requests and raise appropriate work orders.
- Manage the interface with the Network Control, Delivery, Project, and Operational communities to ensure the successful transition from Design through Delivery and to Operational Acceptance.
- Co-ordinate the activities of third parties, such as vendors (including in-house), outsourced partners, or parent companies, to manage the successful development and delivery of designed solutions.
- Provide 3rd/4th line support to the Operations Teams.
- Strong track record of designing and planning mobile core network solutions in the role of a designer or planner of business-critical, high-availability/high-throughput systems and networks
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Mobile Core Network elements and protocols in the following areas:
- Core network Signalling nodes including STP, Diameter DRA, SIP Session Routers
- Design or planning of Signalling and voice interconnects, MVNO networks and services and International roaming - both inbound and outbound and other value added services
- Knowledge of key cyber security solutions especially Signalling Security (SS7, Diameter, SIP, GTP).
- Familiar with GSMA security recommendations.
- Experience of telephony Interconnect policing/protection.
- Excellent knowledge of popular operating systems, UNIX, Linux, Windows, IT Server architecture and platforms
- Experience of working and managing relationships with suppliers and third-parties, of product/feature selection and of delivering those products into a production environment.
- Ability to analyse requirements and clearly document and articulate recommended solutions.
- Ability to use data analytics software, suitable processing software, databases, etc. to process, manipulate and analyse large amounts of data.
For investigation analysis purposes and report production.
Implement Signalling Security hardening measures in STP, DSR, Signalling Firewall platforms
Provide recommendation on the implementation of GSMA Cat 3 signalling Security measures